Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jacksonville Roll call

This is a discussion on Jacksonville Roll call within the North Carolina forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Hello guys me and two other forum members currently smoke in jacksonville. If anyone else wants to meet up post ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes JoeT's Avatar

Jacksonville Roll call

Hello guys me and two other forum members currently smoke in jacksonville. If anyone else wants to meet up post and ill pm info on when and where we go.

Re: Jacksonville Roll call

<----------

Let me know please.

Yesterday was a great day for us at Godfathers in Jacksonville NC. Three puff members were present and many others, it was a full house. Scroggers, Trilobyte and I had a great time and met some great people!

Last week was a good week at godfathers three of us from here met and smoked a few! Trilobyte, scroggers, and I met at godfathers last week for a few smokes. Ive noticed there are some newer members joining in the area and looking forward to meeting them!

Joe thanks Def going to try and make it next time

Quote Originally Posted by helgusmc View Post
    Joe thanks Def going to try and make it next time
    Yep no prob ill keep u in the loop now that i have ur info! See u soon!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Thanks for starting this thread and mentioning Godfathers. I was down there today and made a purchase due to your posting on this forum. I worked in Jacksonville in the 80s and even thou I pass thru there once a week on 17, I had always thought Tobbacco County was a cigarette store beside the barber shop.

I was looking for an OPUS X 3 pack to give as a Christmas present to a friend and was really not looking forward to going to the other OPUS dealer in the area. (The crowd they have hanging out just doesn't vibe with me).

Wow, best BM experience I have had in twenty years!! Got a three pack to give away, some OPUS for me and some FDM DLs . After the shop I used to go to in Jacksonviile had migrated so far away from my tastes, I had written the town off. Now I am just regretting the Christmas money crunch, but I am already planning my next visit.

Thanks

Godfathers has the best selection and pricing in the area. Eddie (the owner) is a great BOTL.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilobyte View Post
    Godfathers has the best selection and pricing in the area. Eddie (the owner) is a great BOTL.
    I do not think I have ever been in a walk in humidor that had that combination of selection and price. The owner probably thinks I'm a halfwit because I was stunned senseless by the the selection and just as I was starting to recover from that the pricing blew me away. I saw things in that humidor that I had started to write off as mythical. I really hated that my budget at this point was committed to the christmas gift rush, because that is certainly where I intend to blow my next free load of cigar money.

When I saw the selection my first thought was close your eyes, ignore the prices, this is Jacksonville home of yesterdays merchandise at tomorrow's prices. (remind me to tell you about the eighties before the superstores came to town). Then I saw the prices. I can't believe that store. The selection is awesome and the pricing is like a superstore chain.

I am just hoping that they aren't sold out of the Camacho box selection before I make it back down there. I had been looking around to get a box and had about given up on ever seeing it and then BAM. There it was in front of me. Not only did they have it, they had deep enough stock that I felt comfortable not breaking the bank today and waiting till the next time I passed thru town. (I'm just glad my next trip thru town is before military payday.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gcbright View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread and mentioning Godfathers. I was down there today and made a purchase due to your posting on this forum. I worked in Jacksonville in the 80s and even thou I pass thru there once a week on 17, I had always thought Tobbacco County was a cigarette store beside the barber shop.

I was looking for an OPUS X 3 pack to give as a Christmas present to a friend and was really not looking forward to going to the other OPUS dealer in the area. (The crowd they have hanging out just doesn't vibe with me).

Wow, best BM experience I have had in twenty years!! Got a three pack to give away, some OPUS for me and some FDM DLs . After the shop I used to go to in Jacksonviile had migrated so far away from my tastes, I had written the town off. Now I am just regretting the Christmas money crunch, but I am already planning my next visit.

Thanks
    No prob, my pleasure and hope to see u back soon! If u like, email me @ skarface04@hotmail.com and we can exchange info and when u are able to meet up at gf ill text the other botls and we will smoke one with u! Hope to see u back soon and on friday the 14th there is an oliva/xikar event if u can make it! So come join us!!!

Dropped an email out to you. Please keep me up on any events down there

Quote Originally Posted by gcbright View Post
    Dropped an email out to you. Please keep me up on any events down there
    Will do!

Last night "friday" we had a really good time! Had a blast with trilobyte "bob", scroggers "dan", my brother, brain, and several more poeple! It was a pretty packed place last night! Had pizza, great cigars, and even better great company! Had a blast and hope to see gc and jerry " helgusmc' soon!

Newbie in the ocean

Go ahead and add me to the list as well.. I'm gonna try and check out Godfathers tomorrow if I make it back from hunting (and if they are open on Sunday).

Young Fish

Quote Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
    Hello guys me and two other forum members currently smoke in jacksonville. If anyone else wants to meet up post and ill pm info on when and where we go.
    Let me know too, I'm usually at Godfathers at least once a week

Quote Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
    Will do!

Last night "friday" we had a really good time! Had a blast with trilobyte "bob", scroggers "dan", my brother, brain, and several more poeple! It was a pretty packed place last night! Had pizza, great cigars, and even better great company! Had a blast and hope to see gc and jerry " helgusmc' soon!
    Sorry I missed it. Had a full day today (Sat). Caught Million Dollar Quartette at DPAC (Durham performing art center). Had been really looking forward to this play. It is about the early days of Sun records (The place where country crossed over to rock and country rock). Sun was the originally label for Elvis, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, Cash and many others)

My next trip down will probably be a rush job to wrap up the last of Christmas, but I will be in touch with you. Would really like to get a chance to meet everyone down there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast