Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Random Rant Thread

This is a discussion on Random Rant Thread within the The Official Puff Pipers Non-Pipe Related Banter Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by freestoke Look, Kyle, it's your MOTHER. Just GIVE her a stinking piece of gum, okay? Mother or ...

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Re: Random Rant Thread

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Look, Kyle, it's your MOTHER. Just GIVE her a stinking piece of gum, okay?
    Mother or not, I refuse to reinforce poor behavior

One day, she'll want gum enough that she'll use correct diction. Then my experiment in operant conditioning will be complete

I despise the idiots who came up with headlights that come on when you start your car, regardless of whether you turn them on or not. Fortunately, my car doesn't work that way, but a significant number of cars do. The "safety boost" for this "feature" is almost non-existent on a sunny day. When it's raining, fine, turn on the headlights. Turn them on when the sun gets low in the sky, but on a normal day this is a horrific waste of energy. For something like one of the small Honda Civics, having the headlights on will cut the mileage by something like 10%, and even for an SUV it can make a difference of 2-3%. It falls into the "Let's all waste our lives away worrying about how to live longer" category.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

It falls into the "Let's all waste our lives away worrying about how to live longer" category.
    I find that this is one activity not often found around this forum

Maturing Puffer Fish Spectabalis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karatekyle View Post
    I've told her a seemingly infinite amount of times to say "lend me a piece of gum." She refuses to acquiesce.
    Hi there Kyle. Not nit-picking here, but if you tell your Mum to say "lend me a piece of gum", are you expecting her to give it back to you when she has stopped chewing it?
    After all if you lend someone something then you expect to get it back.
    That is how we were taught (or "learned" as they say today) the Queens English.
    Cheers, Roger.
    I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. - Voltaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectabalis View Post
    Hi there Kyle. Not nit-picking here, but if you tell your Mum to say "lend me a piece of gum", are you expecting her to give it back to you when she has stopped chewing it?
    After all if you lend someone something then you expect to get it back.
    That is how we were taught (or "learned" as they say today) the Queens English.
    Cheers, Roger.
    I guess this requires a background. My mother and sister often "lend" gum with expectation that they'll be re payed in kind. When I lend my mother gum, I get gum back when she has her purse. So I guess I don't get the the exact same piece back but I am getting a piece back

Maturing Puffer Fish Spectabalis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karatekyle View Post
    I guess this requires a background. My mother and sister often "lend" gum with expectation that they'll be re payed in kind. When I lend my mother gum, I get gum back when she has her purse. So I guess I don't get the the exact same piece back but I am getting a piece back
    By gum, Kyle, that sounds complicated. If I were you I'd buy them a few packs each and have done with it
    Roger.
    I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. - Voltaire.

Speaking of gum, tossing a piece of chewed gum onto the fairway should entail severe and life changing penalties. (Perhaps the removal a molar without novocaine.)

Quote Originally Posted by Spectabalis View Post
    By gum, Kyle, that sounds complicated. If I were you I'd buy them a few packs each and have done with it
    Roger.
    Sometimes I think I should just pack the both of them up and be done with it!!

Obscured By Clouds PinkFloydFan's Avatar

Ok, I got one.

Why the F can't the dude at the barber shop position that small paper strip between my neck and the apron thingy to insure hair doesnt get down my back and create a miserable itch problem for me between end of haircut time and showering when I get home..
    Is this too much to ask...?
    I tip that prick like $7 on a $13 haircut. WTF.

But the haircut looks good. So I am done ranting. LOL

- Vin
    " Wish You Were Here " - Pink Floyd
    ** Vin's Updated Cellar Stash ** ....

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFloydFan View Post
    Ok, I got one.

Why the F can't the dude at the barber shop position that small paper strip between my neck and the apron thingy to insure hair doesnt get down my back and create a miserable itch problem for me between end of haircut time and showering when I get home..
    Is this too much to ask...?
    I tip that prick like $7 on a $13 haircut. WTF.

But the haircut looks good. So I am done ranting. LOL

- Vin
    I know what you mean, it seems like fresh cut hair without a shower is like herpes, It itches and you cant get rid of it, talk about annoying...
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

The "Tonights Smoke II -- FOR PIPES" thread title contains a missing apostrophe. No -- make that "...is short an apostrophe". (Whew! That was close.)

I despise the idiots who came up with headlights that come on when you start your car, regardless of whether you turn them on or not. Fortunately, my car doesn't work that way, but a significant number of cars do. The "safety boost" for this "feature" is almost non-existent on a sunny day. When it's raining, fine, turn on the headlights. Turn them on when the sun gets low in the sky, but on a normal day this is a horrific waste of energy. For something like one of the small Honda Civics, having the headlights on will cut the mileage by something like 10%, and even for an SUV it can make a difference of 2-3%. It falls into the "Let's all waste our lives away worrying about how to live longer" category.
    I'd have to semi-disagree with you here. Auto-on headlights are for lazy drivers—if you can't figure out when to turn them on you probably shouldn't be behind the wheel. I, however, turn my headlights on every time I drive. Why? It increases visibility—not my visibility, but my visibility to other drivers. There are a lot of idiots on the roads, I want to make sure they don't hit me. But this one really depends on where you do most of your driving. I take many wooded Connecticut backroads, so its naturally darker in there. On a highway I could understand not turning the headlights on during the day.

The "Tonights Smoke II -- FOR PIPES" thread title contains a missing apostrophe. No -- make that "...is short an apostrophe". (Whew! That was close.)
    Well damn. Now I'm going to notice this every time… Thanks…
    "But when I don't smoke I scarcely feel as if I'm living. I don't feel as if I'm living unless I'm killing myself." —Russell Hoban

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    Hmmmm, DILLIGAF?
    It always brightens my day to see this particular acronym used. It just doesn't get the love it deserves. People seem to lack variety in what they use, mainly just spouting what is considered as the norm for the current timeframe or setting. Used to be that people were just a little bit proud of individuality. I applaud you.

Definately. No, I'm not agreeing, that's my complaint. I'm not generally a spelling nazi, although I'll admit I laugh at people when they do it, but that word is so overused yet so often misspelled it drives me up the wall. Here's a clue: if there's a little wavy red line under a word you type, you might want to check it, just in case. Shorter clue: there is definitely no "a" in that word.
    ********.com

What if you use it to repair a divot?
    It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast