Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Random Rant Thread

This is a discussion on Random Rant Thread within the The Official Puff Pipers Non-Pipe Related Banter Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by InsidiousTact Lol if you can keep up with me, go right ahead! One of my favorite, overly ...

Re: Random Rant Thread

Quote Originally Posted by InsidiousTact View Post
    Lol if you can keep up with me, go right ahead!
    One of my favorite, overly repeated stories (I'm old boring) is the day I was in George's Delicatessen, on North Highland in Atlanta. Talking to a guy at the bar, I wound up betting him $10 (we gave the bet to George) that I could beat him to Georgia State University. We were both going there by coincidence. He was stuck behind buses, slow movers, traffic lights, and downtown traffic. I went through the neighborhoods and parks and was there waiting for him when he showed up. You could have put Jackie Stewart in a Ferrari and he wouldn't have beaten me there that time of day.

Most of the time, you're right. A bicycler has about as much chance against a machine as John Henry did against the steam drill.

No longer a community member.

Edit: I should mention that it's probably different in NY than here, traffic isn't as bad and it's more reasonable to own a car.
    It's very reasonable to own a car in Los Angeles. No way to get to work or school without one (unless you work at WalMart down the street). Public transportation is horrid, and the distances required to travel make bike riding laughable. Takes me 45 drive to get to work. School is 30 min.

Taking a break from slow movers on the roadways, I hate slow golfers -- actually, slow players in any game or sport. Deal the damn cards, can't you deal and talk at the same time?! Why don't you have your club out already!? NOW you're going to start figuring out the yardage!? You've been standing there while everybody else hit their tee shots and NOW you're going to put on your glove and start looking for a tee? Tell your story while you're not at the line, AFTER you've thrown your darts! Words that should almost never have to come up, in my opinion: It's your turn.

It seems the people most oblivious to making other people wait on their slow butts are invariably the first to go ballistic when THEY have to wait on somebody.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    ... Tell your story while you're not at the line, AFTER you've thrown your darts! ....
    So true.......

Taking a break from slow movers on the roadways, I hate slow golfers -- actually, slow players in any game or sport. Deal the damn cards, can't you deal and talk at the same time?! Why don't you have your club out already!? NOW you're going to start figuring out the yardage!? You've been standing there while everybody else hit their tee shots and NOW you're going to put on your glove and start looking for a tee? Tell your story while you're not at the line, AFTER you've thrown your darts! Words that should almost never have to come up, in my opinion: It's your turn.

It seems the people most oblivious to making other people wait on their slow butts are invariably the first to go ballistic when THEY have to wait on somebody.
    I agree. Just walk up to the damn ball already, and do you really need 5+ practices swings? And really, is searching for a lost ball for 5 minutes really worth it!?

The only acceptable time to hold up play is for the cart girl, if she is good looking

Another rant: People that criticize our government(s) but do not vote, or who have not served in the armed forces/natl guard. If you have served and do not vote, you get a free pass to bitch because you did your part already....

Man, I am full of anger and only 36

Quote Originally Posted by jader View Post
    If you have served and do not vote, you get a free pass to bitch because you did your part already....

I always vote and served '67-'70. Fortunately, political arguments aren't allowed here or I'd waste even more of my time posting all this useless drivel.

Full grown Puffer Fish Sam_Wheat's Avatar

Asshole drivers who drive well over the speed limit in a residential neighborhood. That pisses me off.
    " ... But real men -- real men prefer their women like pipes. They knock them gently and care for them always. No man shares his pipes!"

I always vote and served '67-'70. Fortunately, political arguments aren't allowed here or I'd waste even more of my time posting all this useless drivel.
    I served 93-95, and have always voted as well.

Puffer Fish with some spikes skydvejam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jader View Post
    Another rant: People that criticize our government(s) but do not vote, or who have not served in the armed forces/natl guard. If you have served and do not vote, you get a free pass to bitch because you did your part already....

I hear you there, I have a little over a decade in, on my 6th combat deployment, and I am truly thinking of getting into politics after my time in the military is done. I also vote, even from the combat zone where it is a PITA to vote. Oh and I turn 37 during this rotation out here.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish InsidiousTact's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    It's very reasonable to own a car in Los Angeles. No way to get to work or school without one (unless you work at WalMart down the street). Public transportation is horrid, and the distances required to travel make bike riding laughable. Takes me 45 drive to get to work. School is 30 min.
    Just to clarify, I meant that california is more reasonable to own a car in than NY, except maybe SF which might be about as bad as NY, no parking whatsoever.
    To be governed is to be at every operation, at every transaction, noted, registered, enrolled, taxed..., forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish DirtyBlackSocks's Avatar

I feel like randomly ranting is somewhat pointless. I mean a fish is a fish until you get it in a frying pan with some cappers - depending on the fish of course - then it's a meal. Who really needs that meal though? For all you know that piece of tilapia could keep 15 kids alive another day in Africa who die of hunger as you consume it.

Ranting is depressing, depression is the leading cause of poor work performance in America, America is currently in an unemployment crisis - thus ranting is responsible for the economic recession and higher oil prices.

Pickles are nothing more than immortal cucumbers.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish InsidiousTact's Avatar

Well I feel like ranting is fun, and fun things bring joy, and joy is good for the soul!
    To be governed is to be at every operation, at every transaction, noted, registered, enrolled, taxed..., forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish DirtyBlackSocks's Avatar

Well I feel like ranting is fun, and fun things bring joy, and joy is good for the soul!
    Do you think back in the 30's when it was perfectly normal to be homophobic in a Christian based society leprechauns were offended that homosexuals used where they hide their gold as their own symbol of pride?

Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

If a package is sent by ship why is it called cargo, but sent by car it's a shipment?

Puffer Fish with some spikes skydvejam's Avatar

We have a saying in the army, that a complaining soldier is a happy soldier, if they are not complaining, then they are plotting something. For the most part I have found, at least with the lower enlisted, that is true.
    Just another random thought.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast