Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 281

Random Rant Thread

This is a discussion on Random Rant Thread within the The Official Puff Pipers Non-Pipe Related Banter Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by skydvejam We have a saying in the army, that a complaining soldier is a happy soldier, if ...

  
  1. #61

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish DirtyBlackSocks's Avatar


     

    Re: Random Rant Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by skydvejam View Post
    We have a saying in the army, that a complaining soldier is a happy soldier, if they are not complaining, then they are plotting something. For the most part I have found, at least with the lower enlisted, that is true.
    Just another random thought.
    Either that or they got the chicken soup MRE and scored some skittles along with it...

  2. #62

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish DirtyBlackSocks's Avatar


     

    Re: Random Rant Thread

    The news just told me that fanny packs are now back in style - if they start to return in neon orange and pink I may have to jump off a cliff....

    What tobacco would you choose to smoke if you were to jump off a cliff?

    Do one, kill one, and marry one:
    Roseanne, Whoopie Goldberg, that chick from Murder She Wrote - go!

  3. #63

    50% detergent, 50% H2O sounds7's Avatar


     

    Re: Random Rant Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jader View Post
    This is exactly what I am "not" talking about. There are plenty of cool guys that ride bikes of all ages. There are also plenty of hardcore bikers at all ages. But the one segment that really annoys me is this upper-middle class, born-to-be-wild-for-the-weekend-let-me-wear-flames type guys. It seems like the predominant age group is the boomers, but there are some genX'rs too.
    Well I am a GenXer and I ride a Harley mostly on the weekends because I am too busy working and making money during the week to have much time to ride. Riding doesn't consume my life like it does other bikers though. First I dont wear the Pirate Uniform and dont frequent bike rallys or go to bike nights etc. I dont consider myself a poser because Im not trying to act like im in a gang and act all tough and all that "lifestyle"stuff. To me its a means of transportation when I want to take it to work (Which isnt that far of a ride actually) I am pretty much one of those that "just rides" and I don't say anything to the rice burner bikers to put their machines down. Heck I am 50 years old why would I want to start something with someone. That would be stupid.


    J/k on the "rice burners" label btw.I threw that in for entertainment value.
    Last edited by sounds7; 03-10-2011 at 07:52 PM.

  4. #64

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish InsidiousTact's Avatar


     

    Re: Random Rant Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBlackSocks View Post
    Do you think back in the 30's when it was perfectly normal to be homophobic in a Christian based society leprechauns were offended that homosexuals used where they hide their gold as their own symbol of pride?
    Well, I don't think rainbow was a gay pride symbol in the 30's.

    And hey, maybe we'll find an ancient leprechaun copyright on rainbow symbols somewhere, you never know. Leprechauns have rights too!!
    To be governed is to be at every operation, at every transaction, noted, registered, enrolled, taxed..., forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

  5. #65

    Puffer Fish with many spikes Diodon nepheligina's Avatar


     

    Re: Random Rant Thread

    Here are a couple random things that get my right eye twitching...

    1. hearing someone say nucular
    2. seeing tongue spelled tounge
    3. the phrase "at the end of the day" used to indicate you are summarizing something
    "When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened or not. " ~Mark Twain

  6. #66

    Scotch & Cigars


     

    Re: Random Rant Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBlackSocks View Post
    The news just told me that fanny packs are now back in style - if they start to return in neon orange and pink I may have to jump off a cliff....

    What tobacco would you choose to smoke if you were to jump off a cliff?

    Do one, kill one, and marry one:
    Roseanne, Whoopie Goldberg, that chick from Murder She Wrote - go!
    Just think if fanny packs came back in style you could easily carry a pipe and some baccy in there

  7. #67

    Greatest of all Tree Art GreatBonsai's Avatar


     

    Re: Random Rant Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBlackSocks View Post
    Pickles are nothing more than immortal cucumbers.
    You, sir, just made my signature.

  8. #68

    ! jader's Avatar


     

    Re: Random Rant Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sounds7 View Post
    Well I am a GenXer and I ride a Harley mostly on the weekends because I am too busy working and making money during the week to have much time to ride. Riding doesn't consume my life like it does other bikers though. First I dont wear the Pirate Uniform and dont frequent bike rallys or go to bike nights etc. I dont consider myself a poser because Im not trying to act like im in a gang and act all tough and all that "lifestyle"stuff. To me its a means of transportation when I want to take it to work (Which isnt that far of a ride actually) I am pretty much one of those that "just rides" and I don't say anything to the rice burner bikers to put their machines down. Heck I am 50 years old why would I want to start something with someone. That would be stupid.


    J/k on the "rice burners" label btw.I threw that in for entertainment value.
    Haha, I love the term rice burner. It does not bother me, but it may bother our Asian friends . As for what you said, that is pretty much how I ride. I throw on my boots, jeans and a T-shirt, and let the sun hit my back. Normally I ride solo, and being in a sub-urban area I try to find a nice ride with no lights. I have gone to 1 bike night and promptly decided there were way to many Pirate outfits and Ed hardy shirts for my liking.

    I do, however, like to attend the Christmas ride that supports toys for tots. BTW, I love the term Pirate Uniform.

  9. #69

    ! jader's Avatar


     

    Re: Random Rant Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBlackSocks View Post
    I feel like randomly ranting is somewhat pointless. I mean a fish is a fish until you get it in a frying pan with some cappers - depending on the fish of course - then it's a meal. Who really needs that meal though? For all you know that piece of tilapia could keep 15 kids alive another day in Africa who die of hunger as you consume it.

    Ranting is depressing, depression is the leading cause of poor work performance in America, America is currently in an unemployment crisis - thus ranting is responsible for the economic recession and higher oil prices.

    Pickles are nothing more than immortal cucumbers.
    Nice Rant!

  10. #70

    Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Xodar's Avatar


     

    Re: Random Rant Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBlackSocks View Post
    The news just told me that fanny packs are now back in style - if they start to return in neon orange and pink I may have to jump off a cliff....

    What tobacco would you choose to smoke if you were to jump off a cliff?

    Do one, kill one, and marry one:
    Roseanne, Whoopie Goldberg, that chick from Murder She Wrote - go!
    Today it would be Mac Baren's VA flake.

    Obviously kill Whoopie, do Murder She Wrote lady so she doesn't solve the murder, and marry Roseanne because that gives you an acting career by default.

  11. #71

    Sot-weed Bohemian freestoke's Avatar


     

    Re: Random Rant Thread

    Drug commercials. "Tell your doctor if you have..." What? I can remember when you went to a doctor to find out if you HAD something. Or your doctor would find out and tell YOU, not only what you HAD but what he thought would be best to treat the problem. And the specifics of what you're supposed to clue him in on, such as liver disease, diabetes and heart problems makes me wonder what kind of doctor you're supposed to tell, a PhD in Library Science or Divinity or a chiropractor with one of those bogus "Dr." titles they flaunt perhaps? And the rapid fire, sotto voce delivery of the looonnnnggggg list side effects makes me wonder why anybody would want to take them at all, which, of course, is why the warnings are whizzed out at 300 words per minute at half the volume of the rest of the commercial. Surely you'd have to think twice about curing that nasty rash if you could hear that one of the side effects might be liver or kidney failure, seizures or even death, something the drug companies clearly don't want you to do. And what's with the PGA having Cialis as they're major sponsor? Gotta wonder what the problem is with those pro golfers -- or maybe overdosing on Cialis was Tiger Woods' problem all along! (And why aren't they in the same bathtub in those Cialis commercials?)

  12. #72

    Puffer Fish with many spikes CaptainBlenderman's Avatar


     

    Re: Random Rant Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Drug commercials. "Tell your doctor if you have..." What? I can remember when you went to a doctor to find out if you HAD something. Or your doctor would find out and tell YOU, not only what you HAD but what he thought would be best to treat the problem. And the specifics of what you're supposed to clue him in on, such as liver disease, diabetes and heart problems makes me wonder what kind of doctor you're supposed to tell, a PhD in Library Science or Divinity or a chiropractor with one of those bogus "Dr." titles they flaunt perhaps? And the rapid fire, sotto voce delivery of the looonnnnggggg list side effects makes me wonder why anybody would want to take them at all, which, of course, is why the warnings are whizzed out at 300 words per minute at half the volume of the rest of the commercial. Surely you'd have to think twice about curing that nasty rash if you could hear that one of the side effects might be liver or kidney failure, seizures or even death, something the drug companies clearly don't want you to do. And what's with the PGA having Cialis as they're major sponsor? Gotta wonder what the problem is with those pro golfers -- or maybe overdosing on Cialis was Tiger Woods' problem all along! (And why aren't they in the same bathtub in those Cialis commercials?)
    Hah! No kidding...

    Reminds me of a comedy clip I saw a while back:

    YouTube - Tim Hawkins - Medication
    "Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, experience often comes from bad judgment."

  13. #73

    Sot-weed Bohemian freestoke's Avatar


     

    Re: Random Rant Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlenderman View Post
    Hah! No kidding...

    Reminds me of a comedy clip I saw a while back:

    YouTube - Tim Hawkins - Medication
    Really funny! Thanks! I see I'm sharing a wavelength.

  14. #74

    Sot-weed Bohemian freestoke's Avatar


     

    Re: Random Rant Thread

    Google. There was time, not long ago, that one typed in what you were looking for, got a list of hits and went from there. Now, the links lead directly to a page of shoes or golf clubs or computer equipment totally unrelated to the hit list -- and you can't get to the hit you selected from there! Going directly to the url for the hit, selecting the link FROM THAT SITE, takes you to -- shoes, with no way to continue on to UPS rates. The site itself has its links preempted by google. I find that google has become at least 40% useless for searches. Even connected to the UPS site directly and looking up the rates FROM THE UPS site leads to -- shoes. Infuriating. Removing cookies and history doesn't help, since google apparently has cached these against your IP and quickly plunks 'em back on your next google search. Infuriating. Possibly the best feature to ever hit the net is now effectively disabled.

  15. #75

    No longer a community member.


     

    Re: Random Rant Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Google. There was time, not long ago, that one typed in what you were looking for, got a list of hits and went from there. Now, the links lead directly to a page of shoes or golf clubs or computer equipment totally unrelated to the hit list -- and you can't get to the hit you selected from there! Going directly to the url for the hit, selecting the link FROM THAT SITE, takes you to -- shoes, with no way to continue on to UPS rates. The site itself has its links preempted by google. I find that google has become at least 40% useless for searches. Even connected to the UPS site directly and looking up the rates FROM THE UPS site leads to -- shoes. Infuriating. Removing cookies and history doesn't help, since google apparently has cached these against your IP and quickly plunks 'em back on your next google search. Infuriating. Possibly the best feature to ever hit the net is now effectively disabled.
    are you talking about "sponsored links"? I just ignore that BS.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •