Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Random Rant Thread

This is a discussion on Random Rant Thread within the The Official Puff Pipers Non-Pipe Related Banter Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by DSturg369 Calling a company and getting someone on the line that I can't understand a word they ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Re: Random Rant Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DSturg369 View Post
    Calling a company and getting someone on the line that I can't understand a word they say! If I wanted to speak to Amed I'd go to 7-11!! Grrrrr!!!!
    Many times if you ask to speak to a supervisor, you are either transferred to a US based call center, or are given to someone with a more understandable accent, and better understanding of the situation.

Full grown Puffer Fish Strickland's Avatar

Next rant: These spoiled, self-absorbed NFL players who keep trying to win public support by referring to themselves as "slaves" and complaining about how badly they’re being screwed over by the greedy NFL owners.

And they seem to expect the fans to side with them. NEWS FLASH: You get paid obscene amounts of money to play a game that most of us would play for free. If you're in the NFL you're part of the "upper 1%" and you'd have to be an idiot to expect any sympathy from the lower 99%. No one driving a 15-year old Ford is going to give a shit if you can't buy another McMansion next year.

You’re not slaves. You’re employees.

Don’t like your job? Quit. Dust off that phony-baloney college degree and try living in the real world for a while.

But understand this: No one will stop watching the NFL just because you assholes aren’t on the field. We love the game, not you.
    Mah blog! -->

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    For some reason, I'm reminded of a Simpsons episode. Homer was eating a hot dog he'd taken from the machine with the little rollers and the proprietor (who's name I can't remember), says, "The hotdogs in the machine are for display purposes only."
    Thar would br "Apu Nahasapeemapetilon"

I liked the episode where Apu was clearing the hot dog machine per the Quickie Mart rule stating "...the machine must be cleaned every X years." Homer nbiting on a dog saying, "Wow you can really taste the anus."

Oh great. Now Thompson is making hot dogs,

Joe
    Gurkha is the main reason I have trust issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    Many times if you ask to speak to a supervisor, you are either transferred to a US based call center, or are given to someone with a more understandable accent, and better understanding of the situation.
    The magic phrase to harshly deliver to the phone-jockey is "I NEED to talk to thr person who CAN fix MY problem." Then assume a non-gruff voice, when I'm handed off.

Joe
    Gurkha is the main reason I have trust issues.

I absolutely cannot stand, no, make that HATE.....beets.

Always have, always will.
    Jay

No longer a community member.

Doug Funny's evil twin?

Quote Originally Posted by Strickland View Post
    And they seem to expect the fans to side with them. NEWS FLASH: You get paid obscene amounts of money to play a game that most of us would play for free. If you're in the NFL you're part of the "upper 1%" and you'd have to be an idiot to expect any sympathy from the lower 99%. No one driving a 15-year old Ford is going to give a shit if you can't buy another McMansion next year.
    Along the same lines, they charge obscene amounts of money to watch them play live. That is really gouging! They get the big bucks from TV and royalties from sweatshirts with team insignias, not ticket sales. They should cut salaries across the board (including the owners') by the whatever percentage necessary to cut the price of tickets and hot dogs at least in half.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

I have been noticing more and more people are starting to not use their blinkers, is it really such and inconvenience on peoples lives that they cant move their finger and inch or two to give their fellow drivers a heads up on where they are going??
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

Quote Originally Posted by mmiller View Post
    I have been noticing more and more people are starting to not use their blinkers, is it really such and inconvenience on peoples lives that they cant move their finger and inch or two to give their fellow drivers a heads up on where they are going??
    In NY, as far as I can tell it's illegal to turn on the blinkers until you are in the process of making the turn. It's also illegal to have the signal light flashing while sitting at a red light, so that if you accidentally get too close, you can no longer pass them on the right after the light turns green.

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Yup, "those guys would kill a motorcyclist" as I always say. I ride mine almost daily, and it's hand signals all the time for me (I don't have blinkers anymore... actually I don't have mirrors either !) I move my arm two feet for their convenience, the cagers could move they're finger two inches (as you aptly stated) for mine.

@Freestoke - I think the salaries are one of the main reasons I don't like professional sports, and the expense of viewing them is certainly the reason I don't attend.
    The Mad Professor's Pipes Page.................. .................My modest TobaccoCellar....................................Product Design Portfolio(shameless plug)

Best bumper sticker I ever saw: BLINKERS: NOT JUST FOR SMART PEOPLE ANYMORE!
    ********.com

Continuing on with car bitching, why don't they ever ticket SLOW drivers? The insurance companies tell us that people who drive too slow cause as many wrecks (if not deaths) as speeders. Most states have some sort of law that requires you to use flashers if you're traveling 15 or 20 mph under the speed limit, but I doubt if it's ever enforced. It's 55 mph on the road from here into Rome proper and frequently somebody is doing 30 mph with a huge line of traffic backed up behind the lead slowpoke. Even 40 mph on that road is a pita, and that's encountered almost every day! Idaho has/had a cool law -- if you have six cars stacked up behind you on an open road, you have to pull over and let them pass -- and when I lived there, they actually enforced it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Professor View Post
    Yup, "those guys would kill a motorcyclist" as I always say. I ride mine almost daily, and it's hand signals all the time for me (I don't have blinkers anymore... actually I don't have mirrors either !) I move my arm two feet for their convenience, the cagers could move they're finger two inches (as you aptly stated) for mine.
    I have the same problem when I ride the bike, there are countless times that people start to merge into my lane when I am just barley behind them, if they would signal I could at lest slow down so I dont get hit or have a close call...
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

I usually drive five MPH over the speed limit, which makes me the slowest thing on the road here. Invariably some woman in a fancy SUV will get right on my tail and try to push me down the road. I figure 5 over is fast enough. Then they pass me and swerve towards me and try to run me off the road. If it wouldn't land me in jail I would start carrying a pistol and defend myself from this attempted murder.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    I usually drive five MPH over the speed limit, which makes me the slowest thing on the road here. Invariably some woman in a fancy SUV will get right on my tail and try to push me down the road. I figure 5 over is fast enough. Then they pass me and swerve towards me and try to run me off the road. If it wouldn't land me in jail I would start carrying a pistol and defend myself from this attempted murder.
    I totally agree with that, if people are in such a rush they should just try leaving their homes earlier rather then pushing everything to the last minute, then end up speeding and making jerks of themselves.
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast