Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Random Rant Thread

This is a discussion on Random Rant Thread within the The Official Puff Pipers Non-Pipe Related Banter Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Do we have one of these? If not, here I go ... What pisses me off is when people think ...

Full grown Puffer Fish Sam_Wheat's Avatar

Random Rant Thread

Do we have one of these? If not, here I go ...

What pisses me off is when people think an activated red and blue emergency light on top of a vehicle blocking traffic means for them to just go around it! WTF?

OK, I'm done.
    " ... But real men -- real men prefer their women like pipes. They knock them gently and care for them always. No man shares his pipes!"

No longer a community member.

Re: Random Rant Thread

I hate it when those damn cars with the flashing red and blue lights block the intersections.

I just drive past them and flip them the bird.

I hate whem people burn through stop signs and don't even bother to slow down, talk bout a accident waiting to happen heh
    troy

Removed per request

I'm old! And I'm not happy! And I don't like things now compared to the way they used to be. All this progress -- phooey! In my day, we didn't have these stop signs and crosswalks that made it safe to cross intersections.

When we wanted to cross the street, it was a crap shoot! If ya didn't make it and weren't killed, ya got turned into some brain damaged window licker and people would laugh at ya. All you could hope for was a job sellin' pencils on the street corner. A brain damaged, ignorant idiot pencil seller! And slow to top it off! That's the way it was and we liked it!

haha, almost got hit by a car walking across the crosswalk. girl was texting and driving. so really whats the use of a crosswalk if i am more aware of j walking ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Keith View Post
    I'm old! And I'm not happy! And I don't like things now compared to the way they used to be. All this progress -- phooey! In my day, we didn't have these stop signs and crosswalks that made it safe to cross intersections.

When we wanted to cross the street, it was a crap shoot! If ya didn't make it and weren't killed, ya got turned into some brain damaged window licker and people would laugh at ya. All you could hope for was a job sellin' pencils on the street corner. A brain damaged, ignorant idiot pencil seller! And slow to top it off! That's the way it was and we liked it!

LMFAO! None of them nancy Lights to tell us when we can go neither. Thats why cars where made better back then.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Removed per request

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    LMFAO! None of them nancy Lights to tell us when we can go neither. Thats why cars where made better back then.
    Hahaha, nancy lights, right! Aye, who needs 'em? hahahahaha

Steel all the way!

Modern times: We send the window lickers to congress.

WyoBob
    WyoBob

Hahaha, nancy lights, right! Aye, who needs 'em? hahahahaha

Steel all the way!
    Damn straight! You didn't have to worry about denting your bumper or hood when you ran over pedestrians back in the good ol' days!

Puffer With No Spikes shannensmall's Avatar

One thing that gets me, is when you get behind someone doing 10 MPH below the speed limit. You see, living in Florida this happens a LOT! Damn Blue hairs... I don't speed, Well ok I rarely go more than 5 MPH over. I've been in so many car accidents (only 1 was my fault) that I'm lucky to be alive let alone walk. So I'm a very cautious driver...but these people just piss me OFF. I swear, they need to force anyone over 70 to take a yearly driving test.

Oh and one more thing...Seriously people...you all need to look out for bicycles! I cycle a lot and I swear no one watches out for bicycles. I can almost count on a close call every time I take the cycle out. When I'm on my 30 mph electric mountain bike, I carry one of the air horns you find int the boating section at Walmart... Not only is it useful to alert people there is a bicycle next them, it also makes for a great payback for any asshole who almost runs me over. I'll eventually catch him, sneak up beside the car, point the horn (preferably his windows are down) and blast him with it. It's great fun seeing them jump. Then I give them the finger as I ride by, cause they are stopped at a light, and well I don't have to wait in line like they do. I've also been know to carry rocks, meant for windshields of really careless aholes.
    Last edited by shannensmall; 03-08-2011 at 10:57 AM.
    A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by shannensmall View Post
    One thing that gets me, is when you get behind someone doing 10 MPH below the speed limit. You see, living in Florida this happens a LOT! Damn Blue hairs... I don't speed, Well ok I rarely go more than 5 MPH over.
    Anybody who doesn't go 5 mph over the speed limit is a traffic hazard.
    Oh and one more thing...Seriously people...you all need to look out for bicycles!
    I rode a bicycle for transportation for years. (Still have the bicycle! A 1969 Raleigh International. Still a great ride!) The problem I ran into most often was that they WERE looking out for me -- to run me over! I've had them throw beer cans, golf balls and bags full of fast food garbage at me as they rode by. Even got bumped off the road and straight over a fence into a field once, when the guy timed opening the passenger door of a pick-up truck and pounded me on the left side. That one was a close brush with death. I was trucking along pretty good. Amazing that the bicycle wasn't damaged at all.

Quote Originally Posted by shannensmall View Post
    I swear, they need to force anyone over 70 to take a yearly driving tests.
    They should make everyone take a test when it is time to renew their license. People over 70 don't have a monopoly on bad driving. Half the people on the road of all ages couldn't pass a test. I drive 5 miles over the speed limit, but have been passed by a lot of people doing 50 over. One time I opened up a car to see what it would do and was doing 110 when someone passed me like I was going too slow.

"An historical." Drives me NUTS!! It's "a historical" if you pronounce the "h", although I'll let it slide if you elide the "h". "An hhhissstorical" is so ignorant, so annoying, so grating, that anyone writing news copy should be fired immediately for using it and any announcer who doesn't correct it on the fly should go out the door with the writer. (I'm with the inestimable Edwin Newman on this, so I'm in good company!) For me, it ranks even higher than "between you and I" on the Bad Grammar and Mispronunciation Irritation Gradient. Criminal.

Removed per request

people who move over into the left lane to make right turn...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Xodar's Avatar

People who wait to merge out of a lane that ends until their only choices are cut someone off or hit the wall.

and...

People who, when faced with that choice, don't hit the wall. It seems like that's cheating natural selection somehow.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast