Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sorry for the M.I.A....

This is a discussion on Sorry for the M.I.A.... within the The Official Puff Pipers Non-Pipe Related Banter Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Been through two cancers myself, Mark, so I can empathize at least a little. It helped to realize that I ...

Re: Sorry for the M.I.A....

Been through two cancers myself, Mark, so I can empathize at least a little. It helped to realize that I was lucky I hadn't already wrapped my car around a telephone pole 50 years ago. We're all right behind you, in more ways than one for some of us!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

I don't know what to say, but hang in there!
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

The Cheese stands alone Commander Quan's Avatar

Sorry to hear that Mark. Give those doors hell.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Thanks, guys! I should have posted that a week or two ago, but didn't want to be a downer on the board. One good thing, with the shoe on the other foot, I realize that my usual "I don't know what to say, but hang in there!" is perfectly acceptable. Just knowing you have people in your corner makes a big difference!
    Well....I don't mean to be a cliche...but....I don't know what to say, but hang in there!

Good luck, bro. Keep in touch, and let us know how you're progressing.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

I just saw this thread, Mark. You'll be in my thoughts. Post when you can. This place isn't the same without you.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Mark, you got this like a boss!

I got your back if you need something.

An update:

Okay, I've been dealing with chemotherapy for a few weeks now, and it's going very well. All of the 'bad signs' have reversed, and it looks like chemo is going to take care of this, at least for now. Bad news is that pipe tobacco (and most food) tastes like sh*t, so I'm now a nonsmoker, at least until I'm through with this. So I doubt I'll be around much until it's over, but I figured I'd better let everyone know that the reason I'm not here much is because I'm not smoking, not because I'm not breathing...
    ********.com

Best wishes Mark. Kick that SOB square in the balls! Sounds like you've got it beat!
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

Great to hear it's going well! Don't get too down about your sense of taste, because when the chemo is over, I've read that your taste buds will recover in a few weeks. (Better than radiation, for sure, which takes months.) Looks like you're not too far away from enjoying a bowl of Cairo, Mark! Maybe when you come back, you'll become a confirmed Ennerdale smoker!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Mark - I bet some Mixture 79 would wake up those taste buds!

Thanks for letting us know you're ok! Hopes thoughts and prayers are still with you.

Removed per request

Best to you Mark. hang in there!

Sorry to hear that Mark, glad to have you back for a little bit though.

Glad to hear the chemo seems to be working as well as possible.

Let us know if there's anything we can send to make things more bearable for you, doesn't sound like any tobacco will help though.

Keeping you & your family in thoughts & prayers.
    Last edited by commonsenseman; 10-18-2012 at 12:40 PM.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    An update:

Okay, I've been dealing with chemotherapy for a few weeks now, and it's going very well. All of the 'bad signs' have reversed, and it looks like chemo is going to take care of this, at least for now. Bad news is that pipe tobacco (and most food) tastes like sh*t, so I'm now a nonsmoker, at least until I'm through with this. So I doubt I'll be around much until it's over, but I figured I'd better let everyone know that the reason I'm not here much is because I'm not smoking, not because I'm not breathing...
    Well by all means, keep breathing!
    THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

Dale

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

My Co worker said something similar about the taste thing. The good news is that since he came off the chemo a few weeks ago, it came back fast.

Keep fighting!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast