Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home repair and improvement - a rant of epic proportions

This is a discussion on Home repair and improvement - a rant of epic proportions within the The Official Puff Pipers Non-Pipe Related Banter Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hahaha. Thanks, guys. Yeah, MOST everything is done. I still haven't repaired the floor in the kitchen, we're just living ...

Re: Home repair and improvement - a rant of epic proportions

Hahaha. Thanks, guys. Yeah, MOST everything is done. I still haven't repaired the floor in the kitchen, we're just living with it. The floor isn't really that bad...there's a couple of spots near the stove that there's some heat damage, so the insurance company had to write for the whole thing, as you can't just cut out a spot of vinyl floor. The idiot contractor splashed some paint and some kinda glue on it in a couple of spots, which makes it look a little worse. Money-wise, I think I'm still actually significantly ahead of the game (like I said, the insurance company was pretty generous). Really the only reason I haven't fixed the floor yet is because I don't want to deal with another idiot in my house again. I'm thinking of maybe doing some tile myself, but I'm a klutz and I don't know if I trust myself.....plus, I'm lazy

Still haven't gotten an exterminator, either. It's quite an awkward situation - he's my co-worker's father-in-law. I'm good friends with her (the coworker), and with her husband (the bug man's son), and I've actually met him (the bug man) a couple of times. I think he was quoting me a really lowball price as a favor, but I didn't ask for it! I would feel like a nuisance, asking my coworker to call him again. And to be brutally honest, if it were anyone else, I would have just written this guy off by now and called someone else. I guess that's probably what I will do before long - just forget about this guy and call another bug man.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Tile isn't that hard to do. Real tile, that is. It's fairly inexpensive, and if ya have good attention to detail, you can have an awsome looking floor for WAY less than it would cost to bring in a tile guy.

I did a a rather large kitchen in Mexican Saltillo tile in under two hours, and it looked better than the "professional" tile floor that was in before.

im going to contract my tile and marble flooring ... ive seen so called pros leave ends up u would cut stump your toe on bare foot an i want to do it only once

Wow! I wanted to bash someones head in after reading your posts! I have similar issues with the housing office on Fort Eustis. Our spigot in our kitchen sink broke. First, it took them 3 days to get there and then they replace it with a spigot without a sprayer! When our refrigerator died (this is considered an emergency work order) it was a day an half before they replaced our fridge. If our neighbors hadn't let us use theirs we would have lost everything. I told my wife when I retire and we build our home, I'm doing it myself! lol

I've learned to do a lot of home repairs and stuff in general because of being so frustrated by the ineptitude of others. I happen to take pride in ALL of the stuff I do, and expect the same out of someone I'm paying to do a job. I also have no qualms about making a report with the BBB about the quality or quantity of someone's work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2