Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Hidden Danger of Picking Up Cigar Smoking...

This is a discussion on The Hidden Danger of Picking Up Cigar Smoking... within the The Official Puff Pipers Non-Pipe Related Banter Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hello everyone! I am new to your community and finally joined since I have a story to share with you ...

The Hidden Danger of Picking Up Cigar Smoking...

Hello everyone! I am new to your community and finally joined since I have a story to share with you all...cigar smoking is dangerous for your health!

Last Wednesday night I was going to join my husband Darrel, a new Puff Buddy Joe (Sweater8, as they were heading out to Pechanga to meet another Puffer, Dan (Danfish9. I came home from work early, Darrel had a lovely dinner ready (tri-tip in a wine and garlic marinade, rice and string beans), the man CAN cook! We had dinner, I touched up my makeup and Joe was going to be driving that evening. We started to pile into Joe's truck, a cab and 1/2 of some sort, and as I was trying to fandangle my way into the back seat that lovely husband of mine SLAMMED the truck's door on my right foot that was still on the running board.... After beating the hell out of his shoulder, which was fortunately the only thing in reach otherwise I might have knocked his teeth in, I decided my outing for the night was cancelled and after he helped me into the house my lovely husband went to the herf.... After a couple hours of further pain and unbelievable swelling, in spite of raising my foot up and icing it, my Brother-in-Law took me to Urgent Care. While Darrel was smoking and drinking with his new friends I was in a waiting room...the Urgent Care didn't have x-ray capacity so it wouldn't be until the next day that I would find out that my lovely husband BROKE my foot.... I will now spend the next 6-8 weeks strapped into a boot, gimping around on crutches AND unable to wear all my pretty shoes and high heeled boots going into the chilly season.

So there you are my friends, the hidden danger of cigar smoking, too much anticipation leads to accidents...& I STILL haven't gotten MY smoke in....

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Re: The Hidden Danger of Picking Up Cigar Smoking...

Quote Originally Posted by yvettezm View Post
    Hello everyone! I am new to your community and finally joined since I have a story to share with you all...cigar smoking is dangerous for your health!

Last Wednesday night I was going to join my husband Darrel, a new Puff Buddy Joe (Sweater8, as they were heading out to Pechanga to meet another Puffer, Dan (Danfish9. I came home from work early, Darrel had a lovely dinner ready (tri-tip in a wine and garlic marinade, rice and string beans), the man CAN cook! We had dinner, I touched up my makeup and Joe was going to be driving that evening. We started to pile into Joe's truck, a cab and 1/2 of some sort, and as I was trying to fandangle my way into the back seat that lovely husband of mine SLAMMED the truck's door on my right foot that was still on the running board.... After beating the hell out of his shoulder, which was fortunately the only thing in reach otherwise I might have knocked his teeth in, I decided my outing for the night was cancelled and after he helped me into the house my lovely husband went to the herf.... After a couple hours of further pain and unbelievable swelling, in spite of raising my foot up and icing it, my Brother-in-Law took me to Urgent Care. While Darrel was smoking and drinking with his new friends I was in a waiting room...the Urgent Care didn't have x-ray capacity so it wouldn't be until the next day that I would find out that my lovely husband BROKE my foot.... I will now spend the next 6-8 weeks strapped into a boot, gimping around on crutches AND unable to wear all my pretty shoes and high heeled boots going into the chilly season.

So there you are my friends, the hidden danger of cigar smoking, too much anticipation leads to accidents...& I STILL haven't gotten MY smoke in....
    Lay back rest your foot smoke as many cigars as you can get well-soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

I really didn't think I'd closed the door that hard.

So, let's summarize:

Man heads out with wife and friends
    Man breaks wife's foot
    Man leaves wife at home to smoke cigars, drink, and party with friends

Looks like some owes someone else some cigars
    Last edited by socalocmatt; 10-15-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: my cat can eat a watermelon whole

WAMBAM's Quiet Killer joshuarodger's Avatar

so did you draw up the divorce papers yet? my wife probably would be.

What Darrel doesnt know is that Yvette raided his stash and replaced his good sticks with Ron Mexicos while he was out

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Ouch! Rough night! I agree with Tony, cigars will help the healing process. I hope your foot feels better soon. Darrel... good luck...
    Hangin' out with Friends

Commenting on this one has Grenade written all over it!!!
    "When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."

Quote Originally Posted by socalocmatt View Post
    So, let's summarize:

Man heads out with wife and friends
    Man breaks wife's foot
    Man leaves wife at home to smoke cigars, drink, and party with friends

Looks like some owes someone else some cigars
    Cigars hell. Time for jewelry. especially since he avoided a trip to the dentist.
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

Luckily she knows it was a accident. I will still have to make it up to her, besides having to carry everything for her for the next 6-8 weeks.
    Matt; it's not like she doesn't have access to everything in my humi already...actually, now that I think about it, she already has access to everything I own.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

Since this is in the pipe section, I would suggest I nice Diplomat Cob pipe and some Enirmore Flake to make it up to her.
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

Yvette, well sounds like you guys need to show up at the October Fest Herf with him carrying your most LOUD, and I mean outlandish, colorful, bright attire you can find!!
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nikonnut View Post
    Cigars hell. Time for jewelry. especially since he avoided a trip to the dentist.
    Vacations work too.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes sweater88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Yvette, well sounds like you guys need to show up at the October Fest Herf with him carrying your most LOUD, and I mean outlandish, colorful, bright attire you can find!!
    +1. (I learned that response from Matt yesterday)

I still feel bad because it was my truck, but yea, it was all Darrel's fault!.....At least you can get him to do all your chores for a while though Yvette!
    "Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets"-----Ron Swanson

I'm watching you.

Yvette was in good spirits last night while everyone waited on her hand and foot. She sat back with her foot on her daughter's lap and enjoyed a nice Kristoff Maduro Lancero... all 7"!

"Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast