Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Albert Einstein was right about another thing....

This is a discussion on Albert Einstein was right about another thing.... within the The Official Puff Pipers Non-Pipe Related Banter Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs" - Albert Einstein ...

Albert Einstein was right about another thing....

"I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs" - Albert Einstein

I agree had a long but generally enjoyable day but things were bugging me but i sat down lit up a pipe engaged in some quiet contemplation and relaxation and puffed away and i became as my boss would say zen.

So yeah ol' alby was on to something i'm glad i took up this hobby.

The Cheese stands alone Commander Quan's Avatar

Re: Albert Einstein was right about another thing....

Except when you get that email notice that Stonehaven is back in stock. When that happens all bets are off.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Jogi's Avatar

Smoking a pipe just makes you wanna slow down, in a good way, you know, like just sit back, look at the sky thinking idle thoughts... I have a feeling that any argument, be it domestic, professional, political, national etc. etc., could have quite a favorable and agreeable outcome if at least one person on each side smoked a pipe...

Young Fish

I can certianly attest to some relexaing times behind a smoke filled stem!

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

I know that smoking to me is kinda like yoga lol. Feeling each breath rise and fall grateful to have one more. Quite contemplation and my eyes are opened to things that I would ordinarily walk right past as if I was blind. Stars, sky, moon, seem more real and alive, and arguments, stress and worries seem to be restored to their rightful proportion which is small.

I like this quote
    “The fact is, Squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It’s the poor man’s friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth.”
    -”Sam Slick, The Clockmaker”
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

And this a Native American proverb of sorts

“…So it shall be for all time. If discord has broken out between two beings, let them smoke together. United by this bond, they will live in peace and friendship thereafter.”
    Attributed to the Great Manitu, the Great Spirit.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

" A pipe gives a wise man time to think, and keeps a fools mouth shut." Anon.