Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Greenie Peak 24Oct12/ view of Midnight Meadows fire

This is a discussion on Greenie Peak 24Oct12/ view of Midnight Meadows fire within the The Official Puff Pipers Non-Pipe Related Banter Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Oct 24 Kat and I took a drive up to Greenie Peak. It is the highest mountain Peak in thee ...

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Greenie Peak 24Oct12/ view of Midnight Meadows fire

Oct 24 Kat and I took a drive up to Greenie Peak. It is the highest mountain Peak in thee state of New Mexico that you can drive straight to the top of (12600ft/3000m).

To the far right are the Red River ski slopes, a bit to the left are a few fuzzy buildings in the Red River upper valley, more to the left Eagle's Nest Lake is showing to either side of a cindercone, and to the far left all the smoke is from the Midnight Meadows fire. This panoramic shot was stiched together from four photos, and covers roughly a 90 deg arc.

Here is my two-wheel drive truck back down at the bottom of the mountain near Midnight meadows next to the "Four wheel drive only" sign. Hehe. Most of the folks I meet up top are Texans and Oklahomans driving lifted jeeps, sit on four-wheelers, and odysseys. They are always amazed to find me up top there in a two wheel drive sport truck.

Last edited by El wedo del milagro; 11-08-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Re: Greenie Peak 24Oct12/ view of Midnight Meadows fire

What a beautiful view. Now, tell us what you had along to smoke while you enjoyed that scenery?

Smoking makes me go Poo! Shemp75's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    tell us what you had along to smoke while you enjoyed that scenery?
    I think he mentioned Kat......yep he did.
    "Before I bed you wench, have a look at my box of Glass top Cohibas!!"

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    What a beautiful view. Now, tell us what you had along to smoke while you enjoyed that scenery?
    I believe I had Bayou Morning in a Cob.

Shemp, yer funny Bro! Kat and I do have a different take on what "bagging a peak" means, but there were way too many folks up there that day.

The view is totally different up there now. We have had two days of snow and all the peaks and Red River are covered with snow now. Twelve miles down the mountain from Red River (where I work) is the Village of Questa (where I live). Questa is fairly low at only 7500 ft, and has no snow yet.