Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bozo backed into my truck aqnd drove away rant.

This is a discussion on Bozo backed into my truck aqnd drove away rant. within the The Official Puff Pipers Non-Pipe Related Banter Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Baron_Null Had the man been cooperating with you every step of the way and then you still ...

Re: Bozo backed into my truck aqnd drove away rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron_Null View Post
    Had the man been cooperating with you every step of the way and then you still tried to press hit-and-run charges, I could see it being pretty jerk-ish of you. But the fact of the matter is that he's purposefully trying to screw you over by denying that he did anything wrong. HE is the one who put you in this situation. HE is the one who damaged your property. HE is the one who drove away. HE is the one who tried to claim that he did no such thing. As far as I'm concerned, he is a criminal, despite his age.

I understand the feeling of needing to respect your elders, but as far as I'm concerned, he lost all rights to that respect the moment he drove away, and reinforced that as soon as he tried to claim he did nothing wrong.

And if he honestly doesn't believe that he didn't do it, but evidence says otherwise, then he needs to get off the road. No "sorry to say it" about it. I may be a bit jaded, though, as I ride a motorcycle. However, people like that (young and old alike) almost kill me on a daily basis, and are responsible for the deaths of many others like me every year.

I was going to say the same thing. If he isn't trying to be a dishonest person and he thinks is isn't at fault, then you are probably helping save his life (or someone elses) as he is no longer safe to drive.
    "A fine cigar should fall apart in your hands like a neurotic woman!" - Fernando

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baron_Null View Post
    HE is the one who put you in this situation. HE is the one who damaged your property. HE is the one who drove away. HE is the one who tried to claim that he did no such thing. As far as I'm concerned, he is a criminal, despite his age.
    This. Mark, you don't have another solution because he hasn't given you one. This problem is his doing, and you pressing charges will just make the situation right again. He's not willing to make it right on his own accord, so you need to do it, and that is HIS fault. You really shouldn't let it slide, no matter his age. Even if he's 90, he's still a man and he should act like one or be held accountable for his actions.

Good luck!
    The Mad Professor's Pipes Page.................. .................My modest TobaccoCellar....................................Product Design Portfolio(shameless plug)

Maturing Puffer Fish

Any update?

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Currently my truck is at the body shop. It's getting a whole new door and paint to match the truck.

Geico has been a pleasure to work with since I called the old dude and told him he had 24 hours to admit fault to his insurance company or face criminal hit and run charges. He called geico, they called me a few hours later, and my truck is being fixed and I was given a nice 4x4 loaner free.

I'm susposed to get my truck back tomorrow or tuesday, but I'm not holding my breath. The body shop I have it at is known for excellent work, and for being slow.

Quote Originally Posted by El wedo del milagro View Post
    Currently my truck is at the body shop. It's getting a whole new door and paint to match the truck.

Geico has been a pleasure to work with since I called the old dude and told him he had 24 hours to admit fault to his insurance company or face criminal hit and run charges. He called geico, they called me a few hours later, and my truck is being fixed and I was given a nice 4x4 loaner free.

I'm susposed to get my truck back tomorrow or tuesday, but I'm not holding my breath. The body shop I have it at is known for excellent work, and for being slow.
    GOOD! That's the way it should have been done to begin with.
    The old man is lucky to get off this easy.
    In Houston, he probably would have been fighting a whiplash claim in civil court, even if you weren't in the vehicle when it happened!!
    Wrap Your Ass in Fiberglass
    Drive a VETTE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2