Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Samuel Gawtih on the science channel...

This is a discussion on Samuel Gawtih on the science channel... within the The Official Puff Pipers Non-Pipe Related Banter Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Wow, I was just setting my DVR for the Thursday dec. 6 episode and i noticed at 9:30 eastern showing ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish bigdaddychester's Avatar

Re: Samuel Gawtih on the science channel...

Wow, I was just setting my DVR for the Thursday dec. 6 episode and i noticed at 9:30 eastern showing lists clay pipes as one of their features also.

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by jphank View Post
    If you haven't seen it, there's a Cuban cigar documentary on iTunes that left me all happy inside.

Ummmmm....a link, or at least a title, would be helpful there MISSY!

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by MontyTheMooch View Post
    Ummmmm....a link, or at least a title, would be helpful there MISSY!
    Got it. Search for: "Cigars: The Heart and Soul of Cuba."

I'm watching you.

Just go to iTunes and type in Cuban Cigar... LOL

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/ci...ba/id507261901
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

I'm watching you.

Snuff making... the same machine, and modern machinery can't make it better? I have a problem believing that part. LOL

Maybe modern machinery can't make it cost efficient...
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Leading Puffer Fish

Modern machinery can't make it popular enough for modern machinery to be a viable option.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    It's on again tonight (er, tomorrow) - 1AM EST. We'll also learn how rayon and cola are made!
    Cool i just set it on the DVR Thanks!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Max_Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Noob View Post
    He doesn't have a show about cigars, so it makes perfect sense that it would not be mentioned. He went to Jamaica and there wasn't a single mention of the hippy lettuce either, crazy eh? I think he is professional enough to do his show and not get other stuff in the way. Don't think the tin foil hat is necessary in here.
    Ah, but when he did his show about Peru, he totally drank Ayahuasca (powerful hallucinogen) and I think he chewed coca leaves.
    That which is falling, should also be pushed

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
    Ah, but when he did his show about Peru, he totally drank Ayahuasca (powerful hallucinogen) and I think he chewed coca leaves.
    He drinks something and chews something in every episode. That is what it is all about.

I can honestly say I've never tuned into a show about food, and bellyached about them NOT showing other stuff. This is so silly. I semi-recall the Peru one. That was before he quit smoking and I think he needed oxygen right? Wonder if that persuaded him to make a change.... hahaha.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Max_Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Noob View Post
    He drinks something and chews something in every episode. That is what it is all about.

I can honestly say I've never tuned into a show about food, and bellyached about them NOT showing other stuff. This is so silly. I semi-recall the Peru one. That was before he quit smoking and I think he needed oxygen right? Wonder if that persuaded him to make a change.... hahaha.
    touche!

And I think he did need oxygen, never realized he stopped smoking. I think Peru is one of the only episodes I've watched.
    That which is falling, should also be pushed

Alpha Puffer Fish

I recorded re-run last night and watched this a.m. - fascinating equipment, and pure mom & pop style process. As they point out the amazing thing is the place hasn't burned down in all those decades of processing - hate to say it but it makes me want to try snuff - and I probably will.
    Loved the Brit who described the process - I'm afraid when he and the flavor guy retire that may be it...

I'm watching you.

I know, right? Custom snuff, with gin and tonic!

Quote Originally Posted by jphank View Post
    I know, right? Custom snuff, with gin and tonic!
    That's the one I want to try it's actually listed on the SG snuff website as an available flavor!
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2