Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Samuel Gawtih on the science channel...

This is a discussion on Samuel Gawtih on the science channel... within the The Official Puff Pipers Non-Pipe Related Banter Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; It's on now but "How do they do it" is showing the snuff making process at Samual Gawith. Pretty cool ...

Samuel Gawtih on the science channel...

It's on now but "How do they do it" is showing the snuff making process at Samual Gawith. Pretty cool seeing all the all the old equipment and the additions of toppings, etc... Just an FYI Cheers all.
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Re: Samuel Gawtih on the science channel...

Dangit! No Science Channel in this crappy hotel!
    Hangin' out with Friends

Josh,
    It's on again next Thursday at 9:30 CST

It's on again tonight (er, tomorrow) - 1AM EST. We'll also learn how rayon and cola are made!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    It's on again tonight (er, tomorrow) - 1AM EST. We'll also learn how rayon and cola are made!
    Indeed! The Coke thing didn't interest me but I had no idea I was wearing trees!

Did anyone catch this? It would have been nice for them to spend 20 minutes on the SG factory, but apparently the makings of rayon is much more involved than grinding tobacco.

Still, it was a great glimpse into a process that hasn't changed in 300 years. Neat stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    Did anyone catch this? It would have been nice for them to spend 20 minutes on the SG factory, but apparently the makings of rayon is much more involved than grinding tobacco.

Still, it was a great glimpse into a process that hasn't changed in 300 years. Neat stuff!
    Andrew,
    I agree wholeheartedly. More about the origins of the tobacco, etc. would have been nice but I guess (in today's climate) it's a small miracle that they even had a segment on the making of pure evil! I kid of course (sorta).

I'm watching you.

I have it set to record
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Alpha Puffer Fish

WOW - set to record (DVR's RULE!!!)

Alpha Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by nikonnut View Post
    Andrew,
    I agree wholeheartedly. More about the origins of the tobacco, etc. would have been nice but I guess (in today's climate) it's a small miracle that they even had a segment on the making of pure evil! I kid of course (sorta).
    Indeed - Anthony Bordain did a one hour episode in Cuba last year - and he is a former tobacco user, not one mention of cigars in the entire show - let me tell you something, NO WAY did he do that episode without smoking a dozen Habanos - I'm sure his politically correct a-hole producers allowed one mention of the Torcedores...

Quote Originally Posted by FWTX View Post
    Indeed - Anthony Bordain did a one hour episode in Cuba last year - and he is a former tobacco user, not one mention of cigars in the entire show - let me tell you something, NO WAY did he do that episode without smoking a dozen Habanos - I'm sure his politically correct a-hole producers allowed one mention of the Torcedores...
    I was disappointed in this too, but tobacco was never really a focus of his (aside from when he was smoking cigarettes like a chimney [which was more evident on A Cook's Tour if I remember correctly]).

Also, I think he was completely tobacco-free by the time he hit Cuba, so that may have played into why it wasn't mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by FWTX View Post
    He doesn't have a show about cigars, so it makes perfect sense that it would not be mentioned. He went to Jamaica and there wasn't a single mention of the hippy lettuce either, crazy eh? I think he is professional enough to do his show and not get other stuff in the way. Don't think the tin foil hat is necessary in here.

Being that everybody equates cigars with Cuba, it was probably more important for him to show the other side of island life. And Ken, I know what you're getting at with the producer angle, but his were pretty much just as wild as he was.

Alpha Puffer Fish

Last edited by FWTX; 11-30-2012 at 11:43 PM.

I'm watching you.

If you haven't seen it, there's a Cuban cigar documentary on iTunes that left me all happy inside.
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast