Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

good day, gone bad... oh so bad...

This is a discussion on good day, gone bad... oh so bad... within the The Official Puff Pipers Non-Pipe Related Banter Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I started off my day preparing for a fishing trip with my 6yr old daughter and wife tomorrow. I finally ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes

good day, gone bad... oh so bad...

I started off my day preparing for a fishing trip with my 6yr old daughter and wife tomorrow. I finally got my 1950 sears boat registered, the trailer I rebuild last summer, and I got the motor to fire! But it needed a couple parts and attention before lake ready. So I run errands boat shop, doctor at the VA, store, post office to ship my end of NPS trade. Even go shopping this evening and pick up bait, worms, some boat gear. This is gona be a great day! A group of young disabled vets who's familys get togeather to do fun family stuff. Anyway as were In the store my daughter says her tummy hurts so we get the last of what we need for the superbowl party were going to on Sunday. Just before we pull in the driveway I hear.. I'm gona throw up. My wife quickly gives her a doubled plastic shopping bag. I park, get door open just in time to watch my daughter start heaving... Half hour later it starts comin out the other end. Great just great. Nothing to do but cancel everything, the flu is going round our area and I don't want to have her infect anyone. So no fun fishing on the boat I just registered and sunk money into motor to prep. No superbowl party, guess ill have to eat all the lil smokeys wrapped in crossiants myself Damn... And a sick lil girl. Ok so on the up side she finally stopped ejecting from every oriface and is asleep. Tomorrow morning there is a gun show in town I can and will go to. I got a case of beer. I dug into the hidden compartment in my humidor and pulled out about a two year aged Liga Privada T52 cause I have no really good pipe tobacco yet. I'm smokin and drinking some beers. It could be worse, I could be the sick one (besides in the head). Funny how you can have grand plans all crushed by a microscopic virus.

Re: good day, gone bad... oh so bad...

Sorry to hear your daughter is not well, hope she gets better soon.

Ahhh. the joys of being a parent! Just so you know, your daughter will be a grown woman in all to short a time.

At least you have beer and good cigars to enjoy. To bad the worms will not be drowned. The boat, fishing and memorable times with your family are still in your future.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

A flue shot may have saved the day.

Hope she feels better.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by Gdaddy View Post
    A flue shot may have saved the day.

Hope she feels better.
    We all had our flu shots.... Must be a different strain or her lil imune system just did not have enough antibodies.

Full grown Puffer Fish SystemError's Avatar

Flu shots are worthless. I have never had one, my daughter has had 1 and will not be having anymore.

Sorry for your troubles Bro - I hate it when my kids are sick. My youngest is 13 and she seems to be the one who always picks up whatever is going around. I remember one Christmas years ago, I believe she was 5 or 6, where she simply could not make the short 40 minute trip to my In Laws. I stayed home with her and had a great time babying her and giving her anything I could to make her feel better. Sure we missed the traditional festivities but to me being a dad means sacrificing anything for your kids especially when their sick. As Fuzzy said they grow up to be women so fast. My oldest is 25 and married. I'm just waiting with baited breath for a grand kid...
    ďA good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores". - Maxwell Q. Klinger - Mash 4077