Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I Hate Being Sick

This is a discussion on I Hate Being Sick within the The Official Puff Pipers Non-Pipe Related Banter Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; So I have been dealing with some real crummy sinus issues for a couple months now...and they finally cleared up! ...

Pipe'in Aint Easy

I Hate Being Sick

So I have been dealing with some real crummy sinus issues for a couple months now...and they finally cleared up! I was overjoyed! I am sure pipe smoking through all of it didn't help, but whatever, it is gone and I was ecstatic.

Fast forward to the next morning (March 1st) and I am sicker than a dog with my head in the toilet....

Seems like I can't get a break this winter from some illness or another! I am over the puking part of the illness, but I feel like I won't be partaking in any tobacco events for at least 3-5 more days...

Sorry, just a little rant.

Alpha Puffer Fish Cigar-Enthusiast's Avatar

Re: I Hate Being Sick

Sorry to hear that brother I hope you get better soon!

For sinus issues I heard it is good to boil some water and breathe the steam in.

I was the same. Was sick a solid month it seemed. Once I got better I've kept steady on 1000mg of Vitamin C every day. Granted most of it gets pi**ed out but what gets absorbed really helps.

While I was sick I did an old southern twist on a hot toddy.

Hot caffeine free brown tea before bed, a little lemon juice, and either Jack american Honey or Wild Turkey Honey. (Whiskey and Honey can be separate)

Helped me get back on the puffer's wagon real quick.
    Rule #32. Enjoy the Little Things

Puffer Fish with many spikes ACasazza's Avatar

Buy that Suedo thought! Breaking Bad Style! Cleared my sinus infection up in 3 days!
    **Just starting out in this new world of cigars, any and all advice is welcome!**

Pipe'in Aint Easy

Quote Originally Posted by ejewell View Post
    I was the same. Was sick a solid month it seemed. Once I got better I've kept steady on 1000mg of Vitamin C every day. Granted most of it gets pi**ed out but what gets absorbed really helps.

While I was sick I did an old southern twist on a hot toddy.

Hot caffeine free brown tea before bed, a little lemon juice, and either Jack american Honey or Wild Turkey Honey. (Whiskey and Honey can be separate)

Helped me get back on the puffer's wagon real quick.
    I agree on the Vitamin C! And I make my hot toddy the old school way, with pure teas, lemon, honey, and some good ol rye bourbon. But a hot toddy along with this stomach bug would equal some serious projectiles!

Quote Originally Posted by ACasazza View Post
    Buy that Suedo thought! Breaking Bad Style! Cleared my sinus infection up in 3 days!
    Now there's a thought! Never considered hitting some Blue Sky!

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I should be up and rolling at 100% soon...I hope.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Was sick myself in Jan so I feel your pain. No smoke for me for a month it was so bad so get well soon!
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ACasazza View Post
    Sudafed is actually a really inefficient cook. lol
    Rule #32. Enjoy the Little Things

Pipe'in Aint Easy

Well I am back to work tonight...every 6 months I have to do a night shift rotation to ensure no shinag-agins are going on with overnight operations...

It's either going to knock me right on my ass and make me feel worse, or work the bug right out of me

I have a doctors appointment on Friday and on a bright note, today was the first day that I actually wanted to smoke anything since I ralped 3 days ago. I am still going to take it slow, but hopefully I will be smoking by the time I get off tomorrow morning...

I don't generally like really mild sticks, but I find myself enjoying such when I'm under the weather & a stronger smoke is out of the question.
    Gurkha is the main reason I have trust issues.

Pipe'in Aint Easy

Quote Originally Posted by beercritic View Post
    I don't generally like really mild sticks, but I find myself enjoying such when I'm under the weather & a stronger smoke is out of the question.
    I'm not going anywhere near a cigar! I have about 13 blends of pipe tobacco just waiting for me to sample! Cigars can wait, they need the age more anyways

When I start feeling that little itch at the back of my throat I mix up a home remedy that normally knocks out whatever cold (head or chest) I happen to get in about 48 hours.
    1tsp raw honey and 1/2tsp cinnamon. Mix it in warm water and drink like a tea or just take it raw. Do this about every hour for eight hours and go to bed. Next morning will suck but the day after you'll be fine.

This thread has become timely for me, unfortunately. I had two bowls today, Bright CR Flake, and Lancer's Slices. Both tasted exactly the same. If you've had these two tobaccos, you know as well as I do that it's sinus infection time again. Oh well; next week is a trip to the doc anyway; I'm hoping my oncologist can prescribe something rather than having to make another trip to the GP. We'll see. Meanwhile, it's going to be an "aging the tobacco" week...
    ********.com

Pipe'in Aint Easy

Being sick is the worst!

Hope you feel better soon @MarkC
    It's been nice, while it lasted.

Now here's a frustrating scenario: I won a pipe on ebay that arrived today, but I'm so sick the thought of even touching a pipe makes me start hacking. Great timing...
    ********.com

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Now here's a frustrating scenario: I won a pipe on ebay that arrived today, but I'm so sick the thought of even touching a pipe makes me start hacking. Great timing...
    I feel you, Mark! I'm not that bad off, but I opened that tin of 2000 Christmas Cheer yesterday and can't smoke any of it yet because of my head-cold

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast