Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Columbus - Shawnee Cigar Company

This is a discussion on Columbus - Shawnee Cigar Company within the Ohio forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Shawnee Cigar Company 9226 Dublin Road Shawnee Hills, OH 43065 614-791-9210 Phone 614-791-9211 Fax www.shawneecigarcompany.com george@shawneecigarcompany.com Located in the northwest ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes alley00p's Avatar

Thumbs up Columbus - Shawnee Cigar Company

Shawnee Cigar Company
    9226 Dublin Road
    Shawnee Hills, OH 43065
    614-791-9210 Phone
    614-791-9211 Fax

www.shawneecigarcompany.com

george@shawneecigarcompany.com

Located in the northwest suburbs of Columbus, about 4 miles from the northwest corner of I-270 loop, this shop is another find - it's the kind of place I would love to have in my area. The humidor has a large number of cigar brands available and the smoking area is exquisite. There are a large number of comfortable couches and chairs with a large screen tv for smokers to sit and enjoy their favorite stick.

The staff is friendly and knowledgable, and it's a place I will definately visit again!
    Alley00p

Newbie in the ocean

Re: Columbus - Shawnee Cigar Company

I've been inside The Shawnee Cigar Company before and I must say George Trapp is very rude. I've heard other stories of him being rude to customers. I know his son and I asked him questions about his son, nothing personal I just tried to have a conversation. I asked him if he ever went to college and he said "Eric are you writing a book or what?""I think it's time for you to go". I said to him "okay see you around", and he responded by saying "hope not", in front of a large crowd of men. He has a reputation of rude. Honestly, the only reason I can think of to go there is if you love hockey because hockey is always on television there.

Puffer Fish with some spikes alley00p's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dublinboy21 View Post
    I've been inside The Shawnee Cigar Company before and I must say George Trapp is very rude. I've heard other stories of him being rude to customers. I know his son and I asked him questions about his son, nothing personal I just tried to have a conversation. I asked him if he ever went to college and he said "Eric are you writing a book or what?""I think it's time for you to go". I said to him "okay see you around", and he responded by saying "hope not", in front of a large crowd of men. He has a reputation of rude. Honestly, the only reason I can think of to go there is if you love hockey because hockey is always on television there.
    Eric, I'm sorry you had a bad experience at Shawnee. I come to the Columbus area a few times a year, and I originaly only knew about the Tinderbox at Easton, which I felt was crowded, and had all their cigars hidden away behind glass doors. I felt silly when trying to buy a few sticks, having to yell through the glass to the store employee behind regarding which ones I wanted. It was like going back to my childhood and trying to buy penny candy from a cantankerous old guy, who was mad cause he had to stop reading his racing form to take care of me.

I really enjoyed going to Timba cigars, where I sat with the owner for about an hour, talking and smoking. I enjoyed the visit and picked up a few sticks from the store, while I was there. When I first went to Shawnee, I met the owner's son, who gave me a tour of the humidor and spent some time talking to me before he had to leave for school. George came out and sat and talked to me for at least 45 minutes after his son left and, and when I left, he tossed a couple of extra sticks in with my purchase.

Of course, I can't excuse his behavior towards you, and can only say that it's no way to run a business that depends on repeat customers!
    Alley00p

Newbie in the ocean

Alleyoop, Dublinboy,

I agree with you about George, a very rude person he is. I used to shop there but no longer, one time i had my wife stop in to purchase a few sticks for me and she told me how rude he was. She suggested that we should find another shop and spend our money there. George seems to be more consumed with trashing his competitors, House of Cigar and Timba rather than taking care of his own business.

That leads me to my next point, we now take our business to the new House of Cigar, that just recently opened in the old Timba Cigar location. The selection that House of Cigar has is mind boggling. I have been smoking cigars for 20+ years and I have never see a bigger selection of cigars than what they have. And get this folks they are CHEAPER. Also their employees are very helpful.