Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Columbus - House of Cigar

This is a discussion on Columbus - House of Cigar within the Ohio forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; ...

Columbus - House of Cigar

Hey all, I just went to this B&M with a BOTL and was really impressed. They have the largest selection and the largest walk in humidors in any shop I have been in, in Ohio. I would suggest everyone local go and check it out. They also have weekly events throughout the year.

House of Cigar
    [SIZE=2]7099 Huntley Road Suite 105, Columbus, OH 43229[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Store hours: Mon - Fri 10 am - 8 pm, Sat - Sun 10 am - 5 pm[/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2]1 - 800 - 715 - 0797
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2]1 - 614 - 848 - 6764 [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]houseofcigar@yahoo.com [/SIZE]

"
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=3]The[/SIZE][SIZE=3] largest humidor, cigar, tobacco, pipe and tobacco accessories shop in State of Ohio. We are committed to bringing you the highest quality accessories at fair prices and to provide you with honest, knowledgeable assistance when needed. We proudly offer an extensive selection of smokerís accessories. Our knowledge with over 15 years of combined experience will always assist you in your selection.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] So please, if you have any questions ...just ask. We will be glad to help."[/SIZE]

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Re: Columbus - House of Cigar

Just wanted to bump to say I popped in here (this location) earlier today, not expecting much... How many times do you hear biggest walk-in in the state?

Well, I was floored. This place is huge! 2 walk-ins (one leading to pipe tobacco closet & a storage area w/ thousands of boxes!), 2 more smaller sliding door humidors (each the size of the humidor at my usual B&M). Also, found DPGs, which I've never had, white label Tats, which I've never had, and AŮejos, (you've guessed it) which I've never had. Not to mention they had Flying Pigs in stock, Man O' Wars (which one of my buddies absolutely loved; and I thought they were online only), Opus singles (), and much much more. I was floored by the selection. And it was just as long of a drive away as my usual B&M. The prices were fantastic as well; a big shocker to me ($14 Opus X petit lancero, $12 anejo, $8 DPG blue lanc.)... well maybe not fantastic, but much better than what I was seeing at my old B&M.

The only thing I can comment negatively on is that the lady working didn't seem to want to help us at all, but she was knowledgable when I asked her about cigars that I was looking for. But I can't really knock a store down because of a slightly below average CS experience.

All in all, I will most definitely be back... with much more $$ to spend. Two thumbs WAY up!

edit: forgot: also, they have events planned biweekly to weekly at each one of their locations. Nothing that tickled my fancy in the near future (Playboy, Altadis, etc.), but a good thing to keep an eye on for the future.

I'll have to check it out next time I'm down in C-bus. Canton has nothing for good B&M's.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by Veldrid View Post
    I'll have to check it out next time I'm down in C-bus. Canton has nothing for good B&M's.
    Do it. You won't regret it... It's off the exit between Worthington & I-71 on I-270... though I'm sure SatNav or Google Maps would be more accurate on directions

Checked it out this weekend and it is definitely better than anything I have around me. It's a shame I don't head down that way much.

Puffer Fish with some spikes chrisw17's Avatar

Been there a couple times myself...This place rocks! Def check it out if you have the opportunity.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Ishtar's Avatar

Hey if you guys are impressed with Huntley, def'ly check out the new store on High St. Other than the back storage areas on Huntley, this place is even bigger with a huge, gorgeous lounge.

[QUOTE=Krish the Fish;2913326]The only thing I can comment negatively on is that the lady working didn't seem to want to help us at all, but she was knowledgable when I asked her about cigars that I was looking for. But I can't really knock a store down because of a slightly below average CS experience.
    [QUOTE]

God, I hope that wasn't me... I try really hard to give personal attention to each & every customer. I see your post is from July & I came back from maternity the 1st week of June, but I was running around to 4 different stores alot during that time also. Ahelam is really a sweetheart but until you get to know her, she can come off slightly curt. I'm really sorry you had that experience.