Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OK Members check in!

This is a discussion on OK Members check in! within the Oklahoma forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where new (and old) members from Oklahoma can check ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes The_Chosen_One's Avatar

OK Members check in!

Thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where new (and old) members from Oklahoma can check in. Ask about the local shops, meet others in their area, etc.

I'm in N. OKC and have really only been to a couple local shops so far, B&K (?) Cigars on N. May around 122nd, Cigar and Co., and ZT Cigars all of which are pretty close in proximity to me. I thought the later two were pretty solid selection wise but I'm still a newb so I'm probably not the best judge yet.

Re: OK Members check in!

In Jones, ok. Shop at ZT'S.
    Gazelle intensity!

Sorry for the short reply but, I can't get Puff to load properly for over a month now! I've got two reviews to post and can't seem to post pictures or load the page halfway even. Got a computer headed my way now.
    Live in Jones, work in Bricktown. There's a few of us on here.
    Gazelle intensity!

I live in NW Arkansas but half my town is in Oklahoma. The B&M I frequent is in AR though. But I'd love to meet up with some OK puffers sometime.
    Check out my review blog site: www.cigaraggregate.com or follow me on twitter, @CigarAggregate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallbright View Post
    I live in NW Arkansas but half my town is in Oklahoma. The B&M I frequent is in AR though. But I'd love to meet up with some OK puffers sometime.
    Just got back from Beaver Lake/Rogers area this last weekend. We went up for Labor day etc, went to a pretty decent shop called Romeo's there and got a couple of good smokes.

Where do you work in Bricktown Steve?

Oh, and I was just told Cigar & Co. are opening a lounge area. Supposed to open today I believe, I'll probably stop by there tomorrow and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Chosen_One View Post
    Just got back from Beaver Lake/Rogers area this last weekend. We went up for Labor day etc, went to a pretty decent shop called Romeo's there and got a couple of good smokes.

Where do you work in Bricktown Steve?
    Hey that's the shop where Tommy, Brandon and I frequent. I've been a customer of Frank Romeo (the owner) since he was back over in Rogers. Let me know if you are gonna be this way again and I'll be more than glad to meet you up there for a smoke.
    Check out my review blog site: www.cigaraggregate.com or follow me on twitter, @CigarAggregate.

I'm the maintenance supervisor for the "lower" portion. BassPro area.
    Gazelle intensity!

Puffer Fish with some spikes jarrod's Avatar

I'm always at my store which is ZT's.. Stop by and see me!

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    I'm always at my store which is ZT's.. Stop by and see me!
    I have been checking out all the local shops and while many of them are good/great, hands down yours is my favorite. Everytime I go in I see more stuff that I never see anywhere else and everyone has been very helpful.

OKC here. I shop at ZTs and tobacco exchange mostly. Don't get to hang around for a smoke that often though.

Jeepers and I did get to Herf once though.
    Man I wish I had something witty and inspiring to say. Or even a URL to share.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Dhughes12's Avatar

North okc. Mostly shop At tobacco exchange & zt. Love ZT's selection. R&k was nice enough. Just not much of a selection. As far as cigar & co opening a lounge, I can't imagine where....one of my buddies works there and it is PACKED. Unless maybe they cleared out Lot of stuff....

I was in cigar and Co. the other day. He said they are clearing out the corner in the front (to the left of the door) and putting in a small seating area. Then they will make a bigger lounge in the back area (that is currently unused).

Problem is, he said that membership for the big lounge will cost $75 a month!! but with the 75 dollars a month you then get a 60 dollar credit every month to spend in store... very complicated and too expensive for my tastes. If you make a good lounge and sell good sticks, the customers will buy without you having to sucker them into it.
    Man I wish I had something witty and inspiring to say. Or even a URL to share.

Quote Originally Posted by gasdocok View Post
    I was in cigar and Co. the other day. He said they are clearing out the corner in the front (to the left of the door) and putting in a small seating area. Then they will make a bigger lounge in the back area (that is currently unused).

Problem is, he said that membership for the big lounge will cost $75 a month!! but with the 75 dollars a month you then get a 60 dollar credit every month to spend in store... very complicated and too expensive for my tastes. If you make a good lounge and sell good sticks, the customers will buy without you having to sucker them into it.

That does seem a bit hefty. Not that I can't blow through that in a month, but to be limited to one place with that is tough. While they have good selection they don't carry enough of my favorites for that to be worthwhile. Perhaps if it were at 1/2 that amount, like $35 a month with $25 in credit.

Still, I wouldn't mind checking it out at least and seeing what it looks like.
    Sneak Attack!

Speaking of, we need to set up an Oklahoma herf. Let's try to pick a time & place for November? Any recommendations?
    Sneak Attack!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast