Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Australia

This is a discussion on Australia within the Other Locations forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Hi, New here hope to make this a new home for me and my cigar interests Thanks for having me, ...

Newbie in the ocean

Australia

Hi,

New here hope to make this a new home for me and my cigar interests

Thanks for having me, I'll compile a list of places you can smoke cigars in Aus

Puffer Fish with some spikes contract's Avatar

Re: Australia

Quote Originally Posted by evatw001 View Post
    Hi,

Welcome aboard. I am planning a trip to Australia in a few months and would be more than a little interested in places to enjoy a stick.

Puffer Fish with some spikes southoz's Avatar

gday tony,

good to see another aussie onboard, this site is great for info and the comradery of fellow botl is awesome

cheers
    scott

Quote Originally Posted by evatw001 View Post
    Hi,

And hi from me too Tony. If you like cigars your gonna love it here.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

And another Hi to everyone from sunny QLD. Still new to all of this and looking forward to getting know a few more local crew.

Luvin' me some Lagavulin billybarue's Avatar

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!! Welcome aboard.

Loved it there for the 2.5 weeks I visited. Sydney, Adelaide, and Tasmania (Tasmania is the prettiest place I've ever been). I proposed to my wife at Cradle Mountain resort in Tasmania.

Cheers Mate,

Joe (BillyBarue)

"A Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --- Thucydides

livin life by the drop ! cigar loco's Avatar

good day mate !!!

welcome to puff!

Welcome
    What can I say?

Damn, one of my first posts and it was only 55 days ago, man it feels more like years not a month and a half. Just slipped past post number 300!

I've learnt so much over the past couple of months and met some great people but I know I've only scratched the surface.........Keep on puffin!

Newbie in the ocean

Hey all. Melbourne, Australia. Also a cigar related question. If I have cigars sent over here for me do I have to pay taxes on them?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by samsamsamm2003 View Post
    Hey all. Melbourne, Australia. Also a cigar related question. If I have cigars sent over here for me do I have to pay taxes on them?

Cheers.
    Hey Samuel, welcome to Puff from Perth. Go introduce yourself in the New Puffer Section as the forum tend to like it & they love Aussies. LOL.

As far as the Duty goes. If customs find they are cigars then yes you have to pay duty by weight. It's hit & miss as to whether they get tagged or not. About half mine get through.

When you settle in go to the Aussie Dropbears Group on my profile page & you'll see the other Aussie members that are here.
    Last edited by Tashaz; 07-16-2010 at 03:52 AM.

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    Hey Samuel, welcome to Puff from Perth. Go introduce yourself in the New Puffer Section as the forum tend to like it & they love Aussies. LOL.

As far as the Duty goes. If customs find they are cigars then yes you have to pay duty by weight. It's hit & miss as to whether they get tagged or not. About half mine get through.

When you settle in go to the Aussie Dropbears Group on my profile page & you'll see the other Aussie members that are here.
    Sweet thanks mate, How many Aussies are here.
    50/50 eh. Damn it, how much would a box of like 20 CAO Brazillia Pirhanas cost in taxes. I'm a uni student and s**t I'm spending like over half my income from part time job on cigars. The rest I waste on food and rent.

Quote Originally Posted by samsamsamm2003 View Post
    Sweet thanks mate, How many Aussies are here.
    50/50 eh. Damn it, how much would a box of like 20 CAO Brazillia Pirhanas cost in taxes. I'm a uni student and s**t I'm spending like over half my income from part time job on cigars. The rest I waste on food and rent.
    Theres only 5 active Aussies here. At a guess I would say about $120 in duty. Hang around & we'll talk some more on easier ways but until I know you I wont delve into too much. If your active in the forum and your profile is filled out, Re address etc, then your bound to get hit with a few gifts anyway. LOL. Do you have a humidor as yet? How many you smoking a week & what else do you enjoy apart from the Brazillias?

Maturing Puffer Fish SanchoAnchovy's Avatar

Bumping to mention Baranows cigar lounge, now opening after a long fight with the regulators.

Popped in last week and it looks great. Membership a bit beyond my enthusiasm though - $250 IIRC.

Welcome Aboard!
    Dale

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast