Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Ontario Cigar Shop

This is a discussion on Ontario Cigar Shop within the Other Locations forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; To my Canadian neighbors... I live in Buffalo and went over the border into the Niagara Falls area to check ...

Ontario Cigar Shop

To my Canadian neighbors... I live in Buffalo and went over the border into the Niagara Falls area to check out some of their cigar shops. I went into the some of the shops on/around Clifton Hill and the prices seemed pretty extreme, to the tune of $55-60 for a Toro sized Cohiba. I didn't buy any as I was concerned I was falling prey to "tourist area" pricing. Is this the going rate? Can you recommend any shops in the area? I was thinking about maybe driving to Toronto and/or St Catherine's to check out some shops further from the tourist spots. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Puffer Fish with many spikes johnb's Avatar

Re: Ontario Cigar Shop

this is pretty much what to expect when you buy in canada. whatever you would pay in the USA tripple or quadruple the price... Where I live a tin of pipe tobacco (any 2oz tin) is $34, a CAO MX2 is 15-16... you get the idea.. My B&M sells certain cigars from ISOM for 50-75 and that isnt even the super premiums..
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg9062 View Post
    To my Canadian neighbors... I live in Buffalo and went over the border into the Niagara Falls area to check out some of their cigar shops. I went into the some of the shops on/around Clifton Hill and the prices seemed pretty extreme, to the tune of $55-60 for a Toro sized Cohiba. I didn't buy any as I was concerned I was falling prey to "tourist area" pricing. Is this the going rate? Can you recommend any shops in the area? I was thinking about maybe driving to Toronto and/or St Catherine's to check out some shops further from the tourist spots. Any help would be greatly appreciated

^^^^^ What he said!!!!!
    The Krazy Kanuck

So what you're telling me is to avoid the tobacco shops on my trip to Windsor this Friday...
    NomoMoMo's Cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/nomomomo
    Sarcasm is wasted on cats...

Quote Originally Posted by NomoMoMo View Post
    So what you're telling me is to avoid the tobacco shops on my trip to Windsor this Friday...
    Unless you're looking for HTF or willing to pay the price...
    The Krazy Kanuck