Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Winnipeg and Thunder Bay

This is a discussion on Winnipeg and Thunder Bay within the Other Locations forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; Im about 5 hours from the Canadian border and Ive been thinking about making a trip to procure some exotics. ...

Winnipeg and Thunder Bay

Im about 5 hours from the Canadian border and Ive been thinking about making a trip to procure some exotics. Does anyone have any experience in either of these cities?

From what google is telling me, in Thunder Bay there are:
    Rollies and Teraz Express

Neither have websites with any information, though I suppose I could call.

In Winnipeg, as one might expect, there are a few more options:
    Thomas Hinds (prices are outrageous)
    Shefield & Sons (franchise, small)
    United Cigar Store Ltd (looks more like corporate offices)

...and of course the random head shops and bodegas that arent really cigar shops.

Not a lot of great options that I can see. I would love some suggestions and any feedback is appreciated. Thanks so much.
    Last edited by Merovius; 11-02-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Re: Winnipeg and Thunder Bay

If you are looking for one or two go for it - I personally do not know any of these stores personally but I hear good things about Thomas Hinds. However I do know that very few Canadians that have large amounts of cigars buy in Canada.

Our tax on tobacco can make a larger Cohiba single go for $50 to $ 70. So outrageous prices are everywhere.

PM me I think there are better options
    PINK is the new BLACK