Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Finally got first pipe and had first bowl...........

This is a discussion on Finally got first pipe and had first bowl........... within the The Pipe Hobby How-To Discussion Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; The one i got was erinmore mixture they had that or dr pat in tin form i believe they have ...

Re: Finally got first pipe and had first bowl...........

The one i got was erinmore mixture they had that or dr pat in tin form i believe they have several more kinds in pouch form. The lighter is a POS and a expensive one at that so i'm going back tomorrow and buy some pipe cleaners with the money i spent on the lighter. I'am a once in a blue moon cigar smoker so that wasn't what i was basing it on i was under the false impression that all pipe tobacco was strong but this isn't strong at all and quite pleasant and smooth i think i might look for something with a bit more kick tbh however.

Oh dear i think i have found a new obsession.

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Welcome to the slope from the reviews on tbr website seems like the mixture is one of the better ones. There are plent of things with more kick for sure. I gave up on lights here in France I just by long matches. Since I am the doctor on the forum I am diagnosing you with pad and tad. I am sorry sir but I think the diseases is for life the only prescription is more money.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Plume View Post
    Plus you get trader feedback which you will need if you want to be a part of secret Santa pipes coming up soon.
    hope this helps
    dave.
    Dave, what is this secret santa you speak of?

Here is this years link. If you are eligible you can sign up and it's a secret Santa for the pipe members of this forum.
    You'd better watch out...
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Hey, Dave - I know you got two Generals. Are they bent or straight? If they are bent, you can pick up a stock MM Freehand vulcanite bit here for $8 - EXTRA PIPE BITS - Aristocob. My General (as yet unnamed ) likes his. That is, the stem is a good match for the pipe. Definitely nicer than the plastic ones, and cheaper than Forever Stems...but only comes in bent. Forever Stems are great, too - I own a couple of those as well!

Great to know and thanks for tip. But both sun tzu and Paton are straight. It's weird though in my piping infancy I preferred bent though straights are easier in many ways now I prefer straights....hmmm who knows... However my friend from France that I have got into pipes should be joining the forum very shortly and we are going to be splitting a bag of ten smoke able seconds from mm so maybe ill have another general of net persuasion this time.

Ditched POS lighter just use kitchen matches now and went to where i bought it and swapped it for pipe cleaners and a heaps of BIC lighter that i use for my normal rollies.

Cleaning time when i get it reminds me when i used to smoke weed this time i'm not smoking the crud that comes out of it.

Hey huskers!
    How you faring I saw you got some Baccy from Dan da man.... How you liking it find anything you love? Keep us posted as you try em!

Hey huskers!
    How you faring I saw you got some Baccy from Dan da man.... How you liking it find anything you love? Keep us posted as you try em!

I tried from morton on the bayou and it was OK.

I just got done with a bowl of butternut burley and that was pretty darn good, the best I have had so far!

I'm gonna try a bit of christmas cheer in my other cob before the nights end.

Christmas cheer was not all that flavorful.........

Tomorrow, I'm gonna see how dark twist treats me.

Quote Originally Posted by huskers View Post
    Christmas cheer was not all that flavorful.........

Tomorrow, I'm gonna see how dark twist treats me.
    I see we're you pretty heavy on the cigar side? It took me some time for the subtle flavors of pipe tobacco to come out for me. I would come back to Christmas cheer after a few more smokes. I haven't had in the bayou yet but the frogs are lighter lat blends fr all day smoking try the cellar it's stellar.

By the way if you want a smoke to kick you in the gullet the Irish flake should d just fine. If you want a Virginia with a stronger flavor might I suggest Hal o wind by rattray. I am not sure you have a sample of that though...

I see we're you pretty heavy on the cigar side? It took me some time for the subtle flavors of pipe tobacco to come out for me. I would come back to Christmas cheer after a few more smokes. I haven't had in the bayou yet but the frogs are lighter lat blends fr all day smoking try the cellar it's stellar.
    yea, I love strong and peppery cigars. Will have to try the cellar.

Hey guys, been a while. Just wanted to stop back and thank you guys for all the samples and help. Unfortunately, I have come to the decision that pipe smoking just really isn't for me. I have met some really nice people in my venture.

Thanks guys.

Well if you aren't using the goodies, maybe you should bomb them back to some of those that helped you get started?

It's your stuff, so it is up to you...just a thought that popped into my head. Better that than dusty and neglected the way I see it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast