Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Goodbye, friend

This is a discussion on Goodbye, friend within the The Pipe Hobby How-To Discussion Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Well, hopefully one of the cob gurus can shed some light. My Country Gentleman has developed a large crack along ...

Goodbye, friend

Name:  IMG_0114.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  49.2 KB
    Well, hopefully one of the cob gurus can shed some light. My Country Gentleman has developed a large crack along the side of the bowl. I had been camping and there was a lot of rain, I wonder if the humidity did it. Any ideas? I guess I will retire it and find a replacement.
    I gotta start posting more...

Re: Goodbye, friend

Mine has these also, but they don't go all the way through... At least mine doesn't. I believe it's just a crack in the plaster finish and shouldn't effect the way it smokes.
    Dale

Pale Horse

A shame, cobs are such great smokers

Might I suggest Corn Cob Pipes for a replacement, with a forever stem, as a a suitable replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Horse View Post
    A shame, cobs are such great smokers

Might I suggest Corn Cob Pipes for a replacement, with a forever stem, as a a suitable replacement
    Plus 1 Mr. Wolff is a great man to deal with. I have reviewed his pipes and have a great relationship with him.
    the forever stem is just perfect.
    Moose is my name and cigars are my thing!

Is it cracked all the way to the interior of the bowl? If it's just a superficial surface crack, it won't affect smokeability at all.

Even if the crack goes all the way into the interior, as long as the fissue isn't wide and gaping you should still be able to smoke it.

Either way, you can try to seal it up with Elmer's wood glue and keep right on truckin'.

Maturing Puffer Fish False Cast's Avatar

I love my cob and foreverstem combo. Look into it if you decide to replace the above. Very cool piece by the way. It has attained a great color.

It's all the way through. I'll try the wood glue idea. May retire it from the normal lineup and keep it as a backup.
    I gotta start posting more...