Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do you clean your P-hole?

This is a discussion on How do you clean your P-hole? within the The Pipe Hobby How-To Discussion Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Ok I thought the title of the thread would get your attention. For you guys with P-lip Petes, how do ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tony78's Avatar

Wink How do you clean your P-hole?

Ok I thought the title of the thread would get your attention.

For you guys with P-lip Petes, how do you clean the p-lip hole? I can't seem to fit a pipe cleaner through it and down the stem. I've been jamming a cleaner in from the stem side as far as it would go... but not through the hole. What to do?

Re: How do you clean your P-hole?

I have some small pipe cleaners that are really too small for any other pipe I have, so I use those. I have no idea where I got them (or why), but they fit the p-lip just fine. I typically go in from the mouthpiece side and just thread it through.

The Cheese stands alone Commander Quan's Avatar

4noggin has Falcon pipe cleaners that are thinner than standard pipe cleaners, you may want to give those a try.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Puffer Fish with many spikes zephead61's Avatar

Uhhhhh soap and water.

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

I have no worthwhile contribution here, but I would like to say... Dang you, Tony!!! Now I want a Peterson System pipe!
    Hangin' out with Friends

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AStateJB View Post
    I have no worthwhile contribution here, but I would like to say... Dang you, Tony!!! Now I want a Peterson System pipe!
    My friend i have found the Pipe Slope to be a slippery one just like cigars lol!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    My friend i have found the Pipe Slope to be a slippery one just like cigars lol!
    Or possibly worse... The baccy is cheap enough, but the pipes can get super pricey!
    Hangin' out with Friends

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

I manage to get a cleaner through my non-system p-lip pipes by twisting the cleaner. I can get from p-lip to bowl with a few twists. FWIW I use BJ Longs and clip any sharp ends.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Tony78's Avatar

Thanks for all of the replies. This really isn't a laughing matter. A dirty P-hole can lead to all sorts of problems. Seriously, who wants to put a dirty P-hole in their mouth?

Thanks for the link and the falcon pipe cleaner suggestions. I will give those a try. For the rest of you that haven't replied, are you cleaning it a different way or are you just walking around with a dirty P-hole?

As for you Josh, I'm not sure what about a thread with this title would make you desire a system Pete but hey to each their own. In all seriousness, the system Pete has been a fantastic smoker thus far and I just want to make sure I'm giving my P-hole the proper attention it deserves.

It want the title that did it. It was the link with pics of System pipes.
    Hangin' out with Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Tony78 View Post
    Ok I thought the title of the thread would get your attention.
    Yep, I bit. The Falcon cleaner suggestion is good. They are thinner. If you can manage it with the P-Lip, disassemble the pipe when cold and pull the cleaner right through from mouth end to tenon (once only - wasteful, but better) as it draws any gunge further away from your mouth. But I rarely follow my own advice and mostly clean with the pipe assembled and only bother with a fuller clean occasionally.
    Last edited by steinr1; 11-17-2012 at 08:30 AM.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Maturing Puffer Fish nimaimeshinchan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I have some small pipe cleaners that are really too small for any other pipe I have, so I use those. I have no idea where I got them (or why), but they fit the p-lip just fine. I typically go in from the mouthpiece side and just thread it through.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]73462Do you mean this kind?[/ATTACH]I always use these on any kind of pipes I own including ,two of my Peterson standard system pipes.I never have trouble inserting 'em into p-lip
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Newbie in the ocean

I've had the same problem but at my local B&M I found some Comoy's Rayon Tapered pipe cleaners and they work great small end first and then after my pipe's cooled i pull the stem and flip it around and insert from the the tenon side and out the p-lip.

Pipe'in Aint Easy

This title made me laugh pretty hard. No one wants a dirty P hole

I use BJ long tapered pipe cleaners. I have 3 P lips and the tapered pipe cleaners work flawlessly for me. Best part is once you get them started they get thicker (obviously) so do a great job cleaning as well
    It's been nice, while it lasted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast