Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Best Pipe Lighter on a Budget

This is a discussion on Best Pipe Lighter on a Budget within the The Pipe Hobby How-To Discussion Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Sorry guys i just found it appears to have been discontinued! Welcome To PremierPipes.Com Where You Will Find The Right ...

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Re: Best Pipe Lighter on a Budget

Sorry guys i just found it appears to have been discontinued!

Welcome To PremierPipes.Com Where You Will Find The Right Pipe For You
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Damn your right there's a whole bunch just click the links takes you to Flea bay!

http://www.overmatching.com/pdf/Nimrod.pdf
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Boy i have really become obsessive with this i found one!

http://www.bigsmokes.com/sportsman-p...er-p-4750.html
    Jimi Hendrix

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

The ones with the Compass on it is from a Japanese company that purchased the patent. IMO it is cheaper quality than the original ones made in the 50s. I would suggest getting one of them (originals) from eBay. I have 2, one is the Sportsman and the other is the Executive. The Executive is gold with an alligator material instead of the threads. I can post pictures or each after I get home if you’d like. It is truely a wonderful lighter and I get alot of inquiries when I go to the Cigar bars with it. People seem to love them.
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

Would love to see pics thanks!
    Jimi Hendrix

Best Pipe Lighter on a Budget-photo.jpg
    Best Pipe Lighter on a Budget-nimrod004.jpg
    Best Pipe Lighter on a Budget-nimrod001.jpg
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

Best Pipe Lighter on a Budget-nimrod002.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone1 View Post
    I swear I keep putting this in these type of threads but no one ever looks at this lighter. IMO, it is the best pipe lighter out there. NIMROD. Can only be purchased from eBay (eeee baaaay). I love it because you don't have to tilt the lighter to force the flame to go into the pipe. And they can be purchased from under $30.
    They sometimes go for a lot more. You just need to be a bit patient. I got one (absolutely mint) year and a half ago for £10.25 delivered. About $15 or so.

These are good, but the real prize (IMHO) is the Beattie Jet Lighter. It's a mini petrol blowtorch!

Google Image Result for http://www.apassionforpipes.com/storage/Beattie%20Jet%20Lighter%20Ignited.jpg?__SQUARESPAC E_CACHEVERSION=1302032634561

I got one a few months back for about the same money. Again, you need to be patient; they can go for big money. The flame is soft enough not to be a worry lighting a pipe, the fuel is burnt completely so no odd tastes, and...

IT IS SOOOOO COOL!!!
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	2349 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	73618

Name:	Nimrod004.jpg 
Views:	557 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	73619

Name:	Nimrod001.jpg 
Views:	931 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	73620

Name:	Nimrod002.jpg 
Views:	1772 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	73621
    Thanks bro!
    Jimi Hendrix

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

I scored a lovingly used (minor nicks and dings) Nimrod, sans box, yesterday, on the bay, for $17 shipped. It really doesn't bother me that it's seen some use since it will see a lot more after I get it and that means I don't have to worry about scratching a vintage lighter.

The deals are out there to be had, gentlemen, you just have to look carefully.
    Hangin' out with Friends

No longer a community member.

I'm a huge fan of a classic Zippo with a pipe chimney insert. I've had a couple and I don't forsee ever switching.

I swear I keep putting this in these type of threads but no one ever looks at this lighter. IMO, it is the best pipe lighter out there. NIMROD. Can only be purchased from eBay (eeee baaaay). I love it because you don't have to tilt the lighter to force the flame to go into the pipe. And they can be purchased from under $30.
    These are cool, paractical lighters and don't need to be expensive. I got my near mint standard model in the UK for about $15 or so delivered. You do need to be patient as they go for a LOT more at times and this flurry of interest could ramp things up. Don't want to be bidding against other posters here.

I still contend that the Beattie Jet Lighter is the coolest lighter on the planet...
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Young Fish

I have a IMCO G77R ($15) it's plastic, but works great. I use my Zippo with the pipelighter insert and it is very consistent. But, I just ordered the Chinese Yibao (pronounced E-Bough) which is an Old Boy Style pipe lighter off of E-Bay for $8 (including shipping).

Best Pipe Lighter on a Budget-yibao-pipe-lighter.jpg

We'll see how that one works.

Has anyone else bought & used the Yibao?

PL.
    Last edited by Pipelighters; 03-03-2013 at 08:12 AM. Reason: wanted to add the pic

I just ordered the Zippo Pipe Lighter (black). Got it for $14 online (including shipping). The fuel costs me $5.

Been using it this past weekend. Works like a charm. Couldn't be happier.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Hard to go wrong with wooden matches ~$0
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten" - Benjamin Franklin.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast