Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

storing your "smoking" stock...

This is a discussion on storing your "smoking" stock... within the The Pipe Hobby How-To Discussion Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hey guys and gals, So newb question for ya'll. When you bust open a tin for smoking purposes do you ...

storing your "smoking" stock...

Hey guys and gals,
    So newb question for ya'll. When you bust open a tin for smoking purposes do you leave it in the tin or move it to another vessel such as a quilted jelly jar (in my case)? Call it professional curiosity. Thanks for the info in advance
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

Re: storing your "smoking" stock...

If I intend to smoke the whole tin, I keep it in the tin usually.

I only move it to a jar if I'm on the fence about liking it. Sometimes a blend will hit you differently at another time.

Dan,
    Thank you for the input I do intend to smoke the whole tin so I'll leave it where it is. Thanks again, brother!
    Now with 96.5% more Wub Wub! http://www.tobaccocellar.com/NikonNUT

Pale Horse

IMO, for a period of up to a few weeks you should be able to keep your tobacco in the opened tins or ziplocks, but probably should jar them eventually

I usually keep it in the tin but I tend to use it enough to not keep it stored there long. I do get some local blends in bags that are a little wetter and would recommend putting it in a jar and letting it dry out some.

I usually switch mine to a mason jar, even if I'm smoking it pretty quickly. No great reason; I'm just used to using them.
    ********.com