Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

meerschaum pipes

This is a discussion on meerschaum pipes within the The Pipe Hobby How-To Discussion Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by slap1914 Hopefully he doesn't mind that I copied the pics. It has to travel coast to coast ...

Re: meerschaum pipes

Quote Originally Posted by slap1914 View Post
    Hopefully he doesn't mind that I copied the pics. It has to travel coast to coast so it won't arrive until next week.
    Nice pipe! Love the tapering bowl volcano shape. You've got years of pleasure ahead of you watching it slowly evolve its colour.

I wouldn't worry too much about the pictures - it's your pipe now. YOU own its soul. It's for you to say who can steal that now.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Puffer Fish with some spikes slap1914's Avatar

Good question. Once I receive the pipe, will there be a way to tell?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Plume View Post
    Is it block meer? Rim says its been smoked nut how often I don't know. No color yet? Hmm
    I wouldn't worry - there's colour there. It's just taking its time.

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Two ways. One if it is unused which this isn't. And the second is to moisten your finger and put it against the lining of the bowl. Block meer with quickly absorb the moisture, composite will not at all.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Dab your tongue inside the bowl. Needs to be on a clean piece of meerschaum, not cake or general clag. If it sticks, it's Kosher.

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Dab your tongue inside the bowl. Needs to be on a clean piece of meerschaum, not cake or general clag. If it sticks, it's Kosher.
    Haha that was the first way I was talking about but I wasn't going to suggest it with the possibility of getting tongue ash
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Anyway great looking pipe be sure to post how she smokes for us.

Anyway great looking pipe be sure to post how she smokes for us.
    Are pipes female? Time, perhaps, for another thread with an in depth analysis. I'll see how bored I get...

Are pipes female? Time, perhaps, for another thread with an in depth analysis. I'll see how bored I get...
    You are on your own for that experiment haha!

No color yet? Hmm
    Could just be the photo; I know I've given up on posting photos of my meers, because the color I see "in real life" just doesn't seem to show up in photos. On the other hand, that could just be because it isn't there and I'm batshit crazy...
    ********.com

Are pipes female?
    Anyone here speak Spanish? Or another language that genderizes everything?

(Note to spellcheck: of course 'genderizes' is a word; you think I'd just make up something like that?)
    ********.com

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

It's feminine in French, but careful, because the word pipe has a double meaning in French
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by indigosmoke View Post
    It's feminine in French, but careful, because the word pipe has a double meaning in French
    Yes it does and I am reluctant to say I smoke a pipe in any language other than English.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Could just be the photo; I know I've given up on posting photos of my meers, because the color I see "in real life" just doesn't seem to show up in photos. On the other hand, that could just be because it isn't there and I'm batshit crazy...
    I have discovered this hidden difficulty it is terribly hard to get it to show right in a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Anyone here speak Spanish? Or another language that genderizes everything?

(Note to spellcheck: of course 'genderizes' is a word; you think I'd just make up something like that?)
    Which clearly is spelled with an "s". Pip! Pip!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast