Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Travel with pipe tobacco

This is a discussion on Travel with pipe tobacco within the The Pipe Hobby How-To Discussion Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by MarkC You're smart. I went camping and had a rampaging bear run right through my Danish numeral ...

Re: Travel with pipe tobacco

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    You're smart. I went camping and had a rampaging bear run right through my Danish numeral cancels collection. Last I saw of it, it was heading back into the woods with a 1851 2 Skilling, cancelled in Hamburg, stuck to his butt...
    An easy mistake to make. Caution should be exercised when mixing bears and a numeral cancels collection. Heaven forefend that you lost a full three-ring upright strike! Lucky it wasn't 236 or 237, eh?
    Last edited by steinr1; 05-19-2013 at 05:06 AM.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

This is frightening. He knows what he's talking about, guys...
    ********.com

Moe
    Young Fish

If I take a pipe when I travel it's a cheap cob, and I just put a bowl or two of tobacco in a zip lock, roll it up with a rubber band around it.

Going to Gettysburg tomorrow and will see how my little black leather pouch set up works.- George

I bought a little cylindrical neoprene case from ikea for maybe $2. It is bright orange, so that is a downside. Also it says "Ikea Family" on the zipper, which people always get a kick out of. I store most of my bulk tobacco in ziplocks inside mason jars, and I'm usually taking the pipe to a friend's house, so having variety is not an issue. Anyways, even a 1.5 oz pouch will squeeze in there with a pipe, tamper, some pipe cleaners, and a lighter.

I appreciate Robert's recommendation about taking the stem out, that is a point well taken. Usually not an issue for the short car or bike ride to the friend's house, but something I would certainly do for traveling by air.

Puffer Fish with some spikes lbiislander's Avatar

I realize this thread is a little old, but I went to a luggage store and bought a man's dopp kit in brown leather? for $10. It hold my 3 pipes, cleaners, lighters and plenty of baccy. And looks stylish too!
    Frequently wrong but never in doubt!

Philosopher Extraordinai Gigmaster's Avatar

For decades, I just used a vinyl plaid roll-up pouch. I think they are still only $4.00 or $5.00. It finally fell apart after 20 years or so, so I bought a MacBarren leather 2-pipe pouch that holds about 1.5 oz, of tobacco, and 2 corncobs. It has an outside pocket for a tamper/pipe tool, lighter, and filters, and a slot for pipe cleaners. It has been perfect for me for the last 20 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2