Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

How much do pipes cost at drug stores?

This is a discussion on How much do pipes cost at drug stores? within the The Pipe Hobby How-To Discussion Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Like rite aid or CVS? I usually just buy $4 on deal extreme but I need a new one and ...

Newbie in the ocean

How much do pipes cost at drug stores?

Like rite aid or CVS? I usually just buy $4 on deal extreme but I need a new one and I don't feel like waiting a month to get it

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Re: How much do pipes cost at drug stores?

I have only ever seen cobs there, if thats what your looking for they're around $7.

Newbie in the ocean

Thats not bad. Do smoke shop have anythig better>

Wizard of the puff shire Gandalf The Gray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xmaner View Post
    Most smoke shops have a few descent pipes, I mainly know of smokers friendly. But if you are after a cob pipe check out BENT Pipes - Aristocob

They range anywhere from $3 to $8 for a good quality cob. And up to $20 or so for their freehand Cob pipe. And from what I have heard their shipping is fast.

No longer a community member.

Where I live the CVS/Walgreens/Rite-aids have all discontinued selling pipes and pipe tobacco for the most part. You can still find a local independently owed pharmacy that stocks MM cobs in the $6-10 range and Dr. Grabows in the $20s.

My local CVS had Dr.G's on sale for 8-12$ for two weeks. This was a month or so ago, before I committed to getting back into the hobby. I need to swing through and see if they are still on sale. I know they aren't top notch, but for working out the kinks and making mistakes, I don't mind.

If you're trying to dip your toe in the water, a Dr. G is just fine. Furthermore, it's perfectly fine down the road as well. While it won't deliver the goods the way a better briar will, it's a well made pipe, with quite a few hand finishing operations. After all the years this company has been in business, they've managed to work out the kinks, and you will get a dependable, satisfactory smoking pipe. A Missouri Meerschaum is another perfectly good pipe. In fact, I would say it's an excellent pipe, with remarkable smoking characteristics. Now, your choice of tobacco is another matter entirely. Some drugstore brands are pretty good, others might not be to your liking. Taste is such an individual thing. Try Carter Hall or Captain Black, and see how these strike you. Then branch out from there. Just remember not to smoke too fast, because regardless of the pipe and tobacco, that will certainly spoil your smoke.

Philosopher Extraordinai Gigmaster's Avatar

There is nothing better than a cob, as long as it is a Missouri Meerschaum.

Like rite aid or CVS? I usually just buy $4 on deal extreme but I need a new one and I don't feel like waiting a month to get it
    Do you have a CVS or Rite Aid near you?

If so, stop by or give them a call and ask them.