Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Suggestions towards next pipe.

This is a discussion on Suggestions towards next pipe. within the The Pipe Hobby How-To Discussion Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hey guys, I am looking for a good suggestion from any one with more experience in picking pipes than me ...

Suggestions towards next pipe.

Hey guys,

I am looking for a good suggestion from any one with more experience in picking pipes than me (That would include everybody lol) I am really looking for a pipe that has a strong bend in it, preferably like the old fashion Sherlock Holmes pipe. I can't recall but I think it is a bent diamond shank or Bent Billiard? Correct me if I'm wrong. A decent price range to me also is anything under a hundred dollar bill. If you have any suggestions please let me know of a name and good place to start searching. I have tried pipesandcigars for some but they seem almost always sold out on their pipes.

Thanks in advance.

No longer a community member.

Re: Suggestions towards next pipe.

I was hinting heavily at my wife last night that I would really enjoy a Peterson Christmas pipe this year. While I'm looking for more of a straight billiard, they also offer a couple nice bent varieties.

Thanks for that suggestion. I see that they do offer the bent shape I am looking for at around the price I was hoping. The Donegal Rocky 03 looks to be my best price/shape and I see it on a few sites. That is one I will be keeping in mind. Thanks Tobias

Maturing Puffer Fish trenschler's Avatar

Look at some of the estate pipes on fleabay. You may not find what you want, but it might give you a good perspective of what is out there.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have pretty much narrowed it down to my next Christmas pipe being a Savinelli Alligator 614V. I am also looking to get a Missouri Meerschaum Cob. Until I get them and am able to post pictures I will still very much take any suggestions of some of you guys favorite bent pipes.

Young Fish

I'm a big fan of my churchwarden, Pipes and cigars have some for sale unfortunately many are sold out, still though there some around $55

What did you end up buying? Have you checked out the Stanwell bents?