Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

My pipe leaks!?

This is a discussion on My pipe leaks!? within the The Pipe Hobby How-To Discussion Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; So a few years ago, I had a de-branded Dr. Grabow meerschaum lined pipe. It was my favorite.... until the ...

Newbie in the ocean

My pipe leaks!?

So a few years ago, I had a de-branded Dr. Grabow meerschaum lined pipe. It was my favorite.... until the meerschaum cracked. Anyways, I thought a few months ago, that I should get another. So I bought a new Grabow meerschaum lined pipe.

Now the new pipe leaks pipe goop. The brown stuff that smells like 10 years of built up tobacco tar. It gets all over your hands when you smoke, and you cant get the smell out.

I appears to leak out of where the 'metal filter insert' fits into the 'plastic stem,' not where the stem fits into the bowl. Is there any way to fix this?

Re: My pipe leaks!?

Try superglue or epoxy.
    (Just kidding).

A picture would help.

Or just buy better pipes. If you're on a budget, there are plenty of quality estate pipes on eBay.

Newbie in the ocean

took these with my phone, hope they are clear. I was thinking beeswax, but then realized that it would melt when I got er cooking.

My pipe leaks!?-tmp_imag0044164378361.jpgMy pipe leaks!?-tmp_imag0041-1711591639.jpg

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlack View Post
    took these with my phone, hope they are clear. I was thinking beeswax, but then realized that it would melt when I got er cooking.
    I've used beeswax to tighten up the fit on many estate pipes.

If yer gonna melt it by just smoking, yer smoking WAY too fast.

Newbie in the ocean

I do smoke fast, but the only beeswax I have used, is soft enough to melt in your hand.