Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Recent Estate Restorations!

This is a discussion on Recent Estate Restorations! within the The Pipe Hobby How-To Discussion Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; So I picked up 3 classic estate pipes from a private dealer earlier this month. All of them are pre-1955 ...

Pipe'in Aint Easy

Recent Estate Restorations!

So I picked up 3 classic estate pipes from a private dealer earlier this month. All of them are pre-1955 and in great condition for how much age they have on them. I was able to haggle all 3 of them down to under 9 bucks a piece too!

The insides of these things were nasty! And two of them were so ghosted I wasn't sure that I would ever get the aro smell or taste out of them! But after some hard hours and elbow grease, I feel like they came out pretty well!

Final Product!!

No longer a community member.

Re: Recent Estate Restorations!

Nice work. I like the way you use the rope/wick when you're doing the salt treatment. I tend to just fold a churchwarden cleaner over on itself 3 or 4 times.

Pipe'in Aint Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
    Nice work. I like the way you use the rope/wick when you're doing the salt treatment. I tend to just fold a churchwarden cleaner over on itself 3 or 4 times.
    Yeah, I find that the wick works awesome! You can go to a craft store and buy it by the foot, so its super practical and cost efficient.

Full grown Puffer Fish LewZephyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Branzig View Post
    Yeah, I find that the wick works awesome! You can go to a craft store and buy it by the foot, so its super practical and cost efficient.
    I was about to ask where to get it and you fessed up. So, what area in the craft store? Is it a candle wick? or something I am not guessing?

Thanks

Nice work and beautiful pipes.
    I enjoy restoring an estate as much as smoking them.

They look great! The wick is a good idea. I'll keep an eye out for some of those.

Pipe'in Aint Easy

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I can't wait to get my next batch and start working on them!

There is a section in most craft stores for home candle making, that is where I acquire the wicks. I try to get the double braided kind because they absorb much more good.