Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Drugstore Burley Poll for Pipe Smokers Only

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a regular pipe smoker and I never tried it

45 26.16%
  • Tried it - hated it (no mas)

21 12.21%
  • Tried it - loved it (a regular consumer of drugstore burley and other tobaks)

102 59.30%
  • Tried it - it's my exclusive smoke

5 2.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Drug Store Burleys:: Prince Albert, Carter Hall, Half&Half, etc.

This is a discussion on Drug Store Burleys:: Prince Albert, Carter Hall, Half&Half, etc. within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Well, because of another thread concerning drug store blends I've tried Prince Albert since coming to CS. Now, because of ...

So many friends banned :( TheTraveler's Avatar

Re: Drug Store Burleys:: Prince Albert, Carter Hall, Half&Half, etc.

Well, because of another thread concerning drug store blends I've tried Prince Albert since coming to CS. Now, because of this thread, I went to the store during my lunch break and bought some Carter Hall and some Half n Half. I'll give them a try tonight (in a cob Mister Moo ).
    Gone baby gone.

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vrbas View Post
    Tried a number of them, nothing special but glad i tried them. There should be an option for a neutral standpoint
    Your comments are better organized than my poll was. I've long since changed my PA/CH point of view from negative to neutral since changing pipes, btw. As a newer neutral I feel like I'm in good company.

I hope TheTraveler is at least as pleased.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Full grown Puffer Fish atlacatl's Avatar

After trying almost everything but captain black, I'm really enjoying CH, PA and ERR. I don't know what to think of H&H, I'll have to smoke it some more. The one I've been smoking the most has to be ERR though.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    Your comments are better organized than my poll was. I've long since changed my PA/CH point of view from negative to neutral since changing pipes, btw. As a newer neutral I feel like I'm in good company.

I hope TheTraveler is at least as pleased.
    So far I'm happy with the Prince Albert I've tried. I look forward to the H/H and CH tonight!

I've been smoking a pipe for a few years but I never smoked anything except blends found at local B&Ms - never tried any "high-falutin' " tinned tobacco or any "OMG, you shouldn't smoke that crap" drug store stuff. Maybe that's a unique perspective and maybe not. Since coming to CS I've tried tobaccos from both ends of the spectrum and found, to my pleasure and surprise, that there is a lot more good tobacco out there than I previously realized.
    Gone baby gone.

Another great thing about these is with Winter fast approaching, if I get too cold and have to dump my bowl out I will be less pissed off if I'm dumping Carter Hall that costs mere cents a bowl rather than some of the pricier stuff.
    Do Not Fear Death, Fear the Half-Lived Life

Will Work for Boli GM's.. Neuromancer's Avatar

The only one I've tried is the Captain Black...since I figured it was pretty indicative of drug store tobaccos I never went back for a second try of anything else...
    There is as much water on Earth now as three billion years ago. While the amount of water has remained static, the amount of Tequila and Triple Sec available for making Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all.

Well, now I've tried Carter Hall and Half n Half. Overall I'm glad I tried them just to make sure I leave no stone unturned in my pursuit of my favorite tobacco!

The H & H I didn't really care for. The taste was passable but I didn't like the room note at all for some reason (or maybe that was just the chili I had for dinner!).

The Carter Hall, on the other hand, is actually nice. I like it. I'm always going to have some Prince Albert and Carter Hall on hand.

Maybe tomorrow I'll pick up some Captain Black, some aromatics, whatever the drug store holds.

Of course, I've told my wife all about my intention to try all the drugstore blends I can find in preparation for Phase II of my master plan - trying all the nice, tinned, imported blends I can find. What do you think - will my plan succeed?
    Gone baby gone.

Young Fish

You guys talk about these tobaccos as if they are very easy to get. I've never seen one drug store here in Arizona with Prince Albert. Only drug store tobacco I've seen are Captain Black and Blenders Gold.

I really want to try Prince Albert too.

Quote Originally Posted by Corn Mouth View Post
    You guys talk about these tobaccos as if they are very easy to get. I've never seen one drug store here in Arizona with Prince Albert. Only drug store tobacco I've seen are Captain Black and Blenders Gold.

Try Wal-Mart - the local WallyWorld here carries it. Also, do you have any "Discount Tobacco Outlet" type stores near you?
    Gone baby gone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTraveler View Post
    Try Wal-Mart - the local WallyWorld here carries it. Also, do you have any "Discount Tobacco Outlet" type stores near you?
    Check out some of the grocery stores in your area as well.
    Do Not Fear Death, Fear the Half-Lived Life

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Corn Mouth View Post

The Prince doesn't go off with the first cowboy who walks in the door.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Moo-ism translator, Esq

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Triathlete View Post
    Another great thing about these is with Winter fast approaching, if I get too cold and have to dump my bowl out I will be less pissed off if I'm dumping Carter Hall that costs mere cents a bowl rather than some of the pricier stuff.
    What kind of knucklehead dumps a bowl due to weather? Relight and enjoy CH at it's best!!
    Reserved for future use....

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish tzilt's Avatar

Yeah, and how just cold does it get in NC anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by EvanS View Post
    What kind of knucklehead dumps a bowl due to weather? Relight and enjoy CH at it's best!!

Walmart carrys PA, at least it does here in GA. $2.02 per pouch. I prefer the tub but the pouch will do just fine also.
    Dale

Young Fish

I never thought of checking Walmart, I'll give it a shot thanks guys!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast