Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake

This is a discussion on Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hot damn that's some good stuff! I get some hints of cinnamon and brown sugar with not being overly sweet ...

Old Enough To Know Better Lefty's Avatar

Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake

Hot damn that's some good stuff! I get some hints of cinnamon and brown sugar with not being overly sweet and still retains the boldness of the Virginia I've come to love. I almost shed a tear when I reached the bottom of the bowl.
    ~Lefty

I desire macaroni picturs Vrbas's Avatar

Re: Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake

If you've tried Escudo, how does it compare?
    My sad cellar

Very different IMO. The Escudo is much fuller. More like a meal whereas the Luxury Flake is the desert. I think the Cavendish makes a difference.

Hmmmm, had a bowl of Lux earlier, maybe it's time for a bowl of Escudo. Wow I'm pushing it aren't I?
    ~Lefty

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Very different IMO. The Escudo is much fuller. More like a meal whereas the Luxury Flake is the desert. I think the Cavendish makes a difference.

Hmmmm, had a bowl of Lux earlier, maybe it's time for a bowl of Escudo. Wow I'm pushing it aren't I?
    Right on! The LBF coin has a cavendish center (centre for the Canadians) that sweetens the bowl. Escudo is, of course, Escudo!

IMHO PS Luxury Navy Flake (LNF) is closer to Escudo in flavor, albeit not in coins but ol' fashioned flakes. Thats good stuff, better with some age, too!
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

IHT

yep, they're not even close to being the same (escudo and PS LBF).
    if you like PS LBF, then you'd enjoy Davidoff Flake Medallions, as i can't tell the difference between the two if i were holding them in my hand and smoking them at the same time.

here's another review of it with more replies.
    Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Bull's Eye
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Young Puffer Fish

It's delicious. Wish I had more. The worst thing in the world is rationing tobacco. Got some aging but must resist...must resist...must, well, that is the end of that.

It's good.

Man, sounds like i need to revisit this blend. Gotta find some money!
    My sad cellar

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes RHNewfie's Avatar

Funny, haven't ventured in here in ages and when I do thid I'd the top thread and I happent to be having a bowl right now!
    This is great stuff, not Escudo, but great in its own right. Nice and sweet with a little spice. Great tobak indeed!

Reply w Quote Hater

Lots of people say they don't notice the cavendish really. I wonder what it would be like if you were to throw in a little extra cavendish... say a tid bit of Lane's BCA?
    My sad cellar

IHT

i actually knock the cavendish out of it, or have a few times. seems like a waste of space to me.

sinner
    My sad cellar

Quote Originally Posted by IHT View Post
    i actually knock the cavendish out of it, or have a few times. seems like a waste of space to me.
    True, I find it muffles the VAs with the artifical sweetness it induces. Good idea to punch out the middle, must try it next time I get my grubby paws on some!
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

They have a jar of this at my local B&M that is open and they don't sell any tins at the store only bulk. I might pick this up tonight. I'm a little concerned because its in a plastic jar and its already open so Im not sure how they will sell it. They also have an open tin of Erinmore...can't remember what kind but its the one people talk about most. Might see If I can score some of that as well.

It only comes in bulk to the best of my knowledge. I'm sure it's probably at least $3.00 an .oz
    ~Lefty

IHT

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    It only comes in bulk
    correct.

if you want something nearly identical, and in a tin, i'd suggest Davidoff Flake Medallions. i can't tell the two apart.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast