Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jake Hackert Corncob Pipes

This is a discussion on Jake Hackert Corncob Pipes within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Got two - large bowl, wood diamond shank, saddle bit with medium fishtail. Length overall is 5.80". Big bowl, rock ...

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Jake Hackert Corncob Pipes

Got two - large bowl, wood diamond shank, saddle bit with medium fishtail. Length overall is 5.80". Big bowl, rock solid and a solid smoking pipe.

Say cob? Say Hackert.

"But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Re: Jake Hackert Corncob Pipes

I went to the following site, but didn't find anything that looks like the pipe you have.

Jake Hackert Corcob Pipes

Where did you acquire yours?
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

I emailed Jake and described what I was looking for. It is a goll-danged Mister Moo exclusive.

http://www.pamall.net/pipes/page2.html

That's really sharp looking!
    The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.

A better pic.

Do these have to be ordered with a Check or MO? Just wondering, since I'm at an APO, and I've normally bought everything with a CC. Definitely interested though.
    Boo-Frickity-Hoo

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
    Do these have to be ordered with a Check or MO? Just wondering, since I'm at an APO, and I've normally bought everything with a CC. Definitely interested though.
    Talk to the man - jacobtatjake@aol.com

Newbie in the ocean

I have a Hackert cob and love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Removed per request

Really nice. I need to add one...or two... I personally don't care for the look of the spindle so I guess I'll give him a shout.

I have never heard of Jake or his pipes, but I have now!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Keith View Post
    Really nice. I need to add one...or two...

I have never heard of Jake or his pipes, but I have now!

He has an ebay store and a website too. His ebay store seems to be the best way to see his work though. And the best part is his cobs run $25.00 plush shipping

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Zeabed's Avatar

Great looking cob, Moo! I want a couple of those non-spindle Gabby Hayes specials myself. I'll be dropping Hackert a line. Thanks for the heads up. How do you like the smoking qualities? Should be great with McB NF.
    I sure like those French fried taters. Mmm jhmm.

Leading Puffer Fish

Moo, thanks for the info. I've been looking into trying pipes and that may be the way to go.

Newbie in the ocean

I went to his ebay store today and he doesnt have any cobs listed at the moment. He has some nice looking briars tho. I am going to keep an eye out and when he puts some new cobs up I beleive I will grab one if I can. I love my MM cob and wouldnt mind having another and I like the looks of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeabed View Post
    Great looking cob, Moo! I want a couple of those non-spindle Gabby Hayes specials myself. I'll be dropping Hackert a line. Thanks for the heads up. How do you like the smoking qualities? Should be great with McB NF.
    I reach for this pipe as often as anything else; it is a charmer with, burley,vapers and va.

The last week or so I've been smoking Wessex Burley Slices, Stokkebye LuxBullseyeFlake and MacB NF through the Hackert and a prime briar. Hard to say which I like to smoke best but the cob was $20 and the briar was $200.

The first two Hackert cobs I ordered were smoked, then gifted, then vanished. One is in Scotland and the other is presumed to be in Russia. I ordered four more as before - vulcanite fishtail saddlebit on a diamond wood shank - to get me through the next 10-15 years (if my luck holds). They arrived this week and there's no way I'm giving these guys away. I'm burning one in now and will finish the inside with pipe mud this weekend. I gotta say Jake Hackert makes the cob you wanna smoke. The guy does very nice work.

I feel a long, lovely, aged Partagas Lusitania coming on. Making pipe mud can be such a burden but, somehow, I'll get through it. Thank you, Pistol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast