Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

GL Pease Filmore

This is a discussion on GL Pease Filmore within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I enjoyed it, although I didn't find it as complex as you. My pipefull of fillmore rotated it's flavor several ...

Re: GL Pease Filmore

I enjoyed it, although I didn't find it as complex as you.

My pipefull of fillmore rotated it's flavor several times between a nice light pepper/spice and a smooth creamy sweetness.

The fillmore I smoked was fresh from the tin though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by drastic_quench View Post
    I gave them a fair shake, but I can't help but enjoy Fillmore far more than any other va/per blend. So I stopped trying to find anything better than the perfection I already had.

I keep sampling other Va/Pers simply because I have an uncontrolled case of TAD, but Filmore is pretty much the only Va/Per I smoke regularly. It simply blows everything else out of the water, including the legendary European medallions and flakes. One reason I favor it is the focus on deep, earthy flavors as opposed to the higher, thinner notes I pick up from Escudo, Solani, etc. Every time I smoke it come to appreciate it even more, as it's evolving complexity is such that I'm still able to pick up new flavors/nuances with each new tin.
    That being said, I'm still looking forward to my first bowl of Long Golden Flake. I opened a well-aged tin yesterday and have been letting it air out a bit before pulling the trigger. ...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Zeabed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeffinChi View Post
    I enjoyed it, although I didn't find it as complex as you.

My pipefull of fillmore rotated it's flavor several times between a nice light pepper/spice and a smooth creamy sweetness.

The fillmore I smoked was fresh from the tin though, so take it with a grain of salt.
    My own experience mirrors yours, Jeff. I tried a fresh sample from a gift tin sent by a friend some years ago. And yes, close but no cigar as a VaPer. Realizing that complexity frequently comes with some age, I cellared it and will try it again soon to see if it has improved.
    I sure like those French fried taters. Mmm jhmm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2