Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Erinmore FLAKE

This is a discussion on Erinmore FLAKE within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; freestoke, if you ever pass throughout Dubai duty free they have a crazy deal on erinmore flake; 5 50gram tins ...

CBR

Re: Erinmore FLAKE

freestoke, if you ever pass throughout Dubai duty free they have a crazy deal on erinmore flake; 5 50gram tins for about the equivalent of US$15. I passed through in April but didn't pick any up (sorry, just saw this thread or I woulda bought it and sent it over).

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

Never tried a flake before and this makes me want to try. Off to smokingpipes.com to order me some.

CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Xodar View Post
    Great review, really makes me want to try some. I had also associated Ennerdale and Erinmore, but if it's not a lakeland I have been wanting to try something citrrus-sy. Sliding this up the TAD list.
    Ennerdale was my first exposure to Lakelands, I may be in the minority here but that's one flake I had to pass on!

Great review, really makes me want to try some. I had also associated Ennerdale and Erinmore, but if it's not a lakeland I have been wanting to try something citrrus-sy. Sliding this up the TAD list.
    Definitely not a Lakeland, John, not even close. I really don't see how you can go wrong.. I think the love/hate balance is WAY unbalanced in the LOVE direction. Seems like the negative reviews on tobakrevs are sort of stupid, even misguided, in general. (Like, what's with the "can't keep it lit" nonsense? You can practically set it down after you light it and let it burn to the bottom by itself! ) With Ennerdale I can see real pipe smokers running for the exits, but not this one. Lots of 4 stars from people who sound like they know their shinola. Not to everyone's taste, of course, but I think you'd like it a lot.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Xodar's Avatar

Thanks Jim. I usually take TR with a grain of salt anyhow, but like my father once told me about something totally unrelated, the worst I ever had was pretty good...

Except for Lakelands of course, lol. I've been kind of looking for a fruity aromatic to get some occasional burn time, how does Erinmore compare to Uni Flake or OGS?

Thanks Jim. I usually take TR with a grain of salt anyhow, but like my father once told me about something totally unrelated, the worst I ever had was pretty good...

Except for Lakelands of course, lol. I've been kind of looking for a fruity aromatic to get some occasional burn time, how does Erinmore compare to Uni Flake or OGS?
    Wow. Haven't smoke UF in many months, but from what I remember, Erinmore is sorta along the same lines, but maybe a bit fruitier. Flakes are smaller and possibly a bit thinner-stranded than UF. (Looking at some IF for comparison...neehhh...close for the strand size.) If I'm remembering right, Erinmore is a little easier to keep lit, although neither of them is a problem.

Never had OGS, although I have a couple of tins that I haven't opened.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Erinmore is literally the top of my list. I could smoke nothing but this for the rest of my life and be just fine. And I really like UF and IF too, but erinmore takes the cake 10 times out of 10 for me. I transport all my pipeleaf in empty erinmore tins because just taking tobacco out of that yellow tin makes my brain decide to like it more. A++ review!

CBR

Erinmore
    OGS
    UF

That's my personal scale for those three blends above; fruitiness is at the top and strength is at the bottom. UF really only tastes sweet for the first 5-10 mins then it kinda fades out. The strength is more noticeable than Erindale though. OGS to me is very citrus tasting which comes and goes, some Va notes are always present but even with two bowls back to back you'll still be steady enough to peel fruit without slicing off a thumb.

never tried Erinmore Flake, but I should get a 100 gram tin just to try, worse thing that can happen is I don't like it and trade for something I like.
    OGS is pretty fruitty, but it goes in and out. mostly it grass/hayish notes like Virginia and the fruitty notes comes and goes. good blend thou
    troy

I haven't seen a 100 gram tin in ages. Ever since they moved production to someone else I've seen nothing but the 50 gram tins. Lucky for me I've still got a couple of unopened old school Murray tins. The new tins are made by Orlik. Haven't tried the new ones yet.
    Last edited by d_day; 06-16-2011 at 06:51 AM.
    For all the kids who'd rather flame than talk, I refuse to post.

Quote Originally Posted by laloin View Post
    never tried Erinmore Flake, but I should get a 100 gram tin just to try, worse thing that can happen is I don't like it and trade for something I like.
    OGS is pretty fruitty, but it goes in and out. mostly it grass/hayish notes like Virginia and the fruitty notes comes and goes. good blend thou
    troy
    Be careful not to confuse Erinmore Mixture which comes in 100g tins with the Erinmore Flake which comes in 50g tins. Very different...and the Mixture is not that great, IMO!

All this talk of Erinmore has me wanting to grab one of my tins from the cellar and open!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2