Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Peter Stokkebye - Proper English

This is a discussion on Peter Stokkebye - Proper English within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Now I am piling on. I already had 1 Stokkebye review, so I figured I would put these in as ...

Peter Stokkebye - Proper English

Now I am piling on. I already had 1 Stokkebye review, so I figured I would put these in as well.

Description

Tobacco selection: The most Latakia of any blend we make combined with old belt Virginias and Orientals for a classic blend.
    Tobacco Cut: Loose cut.
    Tobacco Flavor/Aroma: This distinctive English/Balkan blend produces a variety of flavors in a full-bodied and very distinct blend..
    In the tin

The only thing I can smell is the Latakia. In the other Stokkebye English blends I can smell the orientals but this one is true to its description.

In the pipe

It packs and lights easily. It burns fast and burns right to the bottom with very little grey ash. There is a small amount of bite.

The experience

Again, true to its description it is heavy on the Latakia. This is the blend that showed me that I can’t handle too much Latakia. If you like English blends with lots of Latakia, this may be for you. For me, it’s not something my tastes can handle right now. I can't even really give it a flavor profile because it was just too much for me to put words to.
    Last edited by Natedogg; 01-31-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Re: Peter Stokkebye - Proper English

too me latakia has a natural unsweetened cocoa and cigarish taste i like it alot but i don't smoke it in alot of pipes because it ghosts the hell out of em.

Quote Originally Posted by mike t View Post
    too me latakia has a natural unsweetened cocoa and cigarish taste i like it alot but i don't smoke it in alot of pipes because it ghosts the hell out of em.
    This is an alright smoke, but to me it doesn't display the depth of a more subtle blend. I much prefer 3 oaks syrian.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Benz_one's Avatar

I agree with all that has been said about this blend. It's very heavy handed with Latakia and one can taste nothing but.

As a newbie pipe guy, I bought a half ounce of this to sample and I do not think I will buy more.

I will keep an eye out for the 3 oaks Syrian. Thanks for the rec!
    Benz

No longer a community member.

I love the Latikia, If anyone wants to kindly donate what they have left or trade for someting else shoot me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by funbags View Post
    I love the Latikia, If anyone wants to kindly donate what they have left or trade for someting else shoot me a PM.
    +1, Proper English was great right out of the bag and drenched with Latikia

Reincarnated Hobbit Matthias@Granby's Avatar

I love this stuff. Great quality at a bulk price - sure, there are definitely some better English blends out there, and this burns a bit fast, but after smoking a few bowls of it and finding an understanding for the blend, it's my "go to" budget English.