Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Stanwell Melange

This is a discussion on Stanwell Melange within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Let me preface this by saying that I like English/Balkan blends and Va/Pers. Aromatics don't appeal to me so much. ...

Stanwell Melange

Let me preface this by saying that I like English/Balkan blends and Va/Pers. Aromatics don't appeal to me so much.

I ordered this tin because I was seeking an aromatic with an apricot note. Opening the tin, the smell of apricot and vanilla is VERY strong. It's a wonderful, if a little goopy, tin smell.

In the pipe this is not bad. It's heavily flavored, but the room note is a crowd pleaser and the apricot starts making the button taste like raisin shortly into the bowl. The tobacco itself is sweet and smooth.

As aromatics go I guess this would be in the gaudy, French whore category, but I like this blend anyway. Call it a guilty pleasure.

Intolerable Curmudgeon GuitarDan's Avatar

Re: Stanwell Melange

Why always the French???
    As opposed to the more tasteful Mexican or Irish whores...? *chuckle*

sorry- my mind goes to strange places until I get enough coffee...

Maturing Puffer Fish BloodyCactus's Avatar

I like Melange, it has a very nice scent to it and smokes nicely too. Plus the wife loves it, so I wont describe it as whore like, maybe delicate girl with gaudy makeup
    -- Stu :: Pipe Newbie :: Blue Ridge VA --

Hmm, I might have to give this a go-around. I'm not an aro guy either, but maybe this will tickle my fancy and I might end up with an aro that I like.
    "The worst thing you can ever do in life is set yourself goals" - Stephen Fry

CWL

It is a good aromatic, along the lines of Sillem's Red, WO Larsen Limited Edition, and Dan Blue Note.

I wouldn't put it in the "Hoo-er" category at all. I enjoy all of these aros from time to time and more-so now that the weather has been warming up.

Spice must flow!

What? Someone had to do it.
    For all the kids who'd rather flame than talk, I refuse to post.