Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

THE Mixture

This is a discussion on THE Mixture within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Well, here goes. I've been hemming and hawing trying not to light up a bowl of this stuff since Todd ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

THE Mixture

Well, here goes. I've been hemming and hawing trying not to light up a bowl of this stuff since Todd (Firedog) sent it to me. I'm pairing it up with a really mediocre coffee to round out the experience.

Open the pouch and dear God it smells like toilet bowl cleaner! Licorice, menthol and various and assundry other scents. It's like sawdust! I'm trying not to put too much in the bowl but it keeps packing down and I want to do this right so I don't have to do it again! Please somebody help me.

Ok, light it up.....By all the gods this crap is a friggin' Lakeland! I kid you not! It's got the same perfume flavors as Ennerdale. Way back in the background I can taste something similar to Half & Half too. I think it must have lighter fluid in it too because as wet as it is and as little as I'm puffing it just WON'T go out. I made a pact with myself to really give this a shot but the first time it went out, I was done. But this stuff is burning like one of those 2 hour fireplace logs. It just keeps going and going.

My tongue is really starting to burn now. It's not burning when I puff, it's a constant burn like I just drank some hot sauce.

Oh thank You God, it gurgled and went out. Mind you, this is a Dr. Grabow pipe. Very small and I only packed it half way and I was half way through the bowl and it was gurgling. (sometimes even when I wasn't puffing!) The bottom of the bowl looks like I filled it with water now.

Ok, so Heff was smoking a Lakeland? Unfreakin' believable! Thank God this is over. Hopefully the dizziness will subside soon and my tongue will stop burning. My nose is now running profusely too. Back to the allergy medicine. From the first whiff of this stuff I was actually becoming nervous. OK, who's next?!
    It was.....well, let's just say it was.

Re: THE Mixture

Sorry Dave but you are so right! I had to use mouthwash afterwards and it burned so bad, almost truly painful burn. Now pass it on! That 1.5 oz of goodness should last a while with you wimps packing half bowls. ( ok I did pack a full bowl but didnt finish) I actually like lakelands but this was so much more(worse). Thanks for the laugh.
    I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
    Edgar Allan Poe

ME ME! Send me some!

It can't possibly be worse than that "bargain tobacco" that I got from 1776.

Dare me to smoke a whole bowl? (In my Pug)
    "The worst thing you can ever do in life is set yourself goals" - Stephen Fry

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    ME ME! Send me some!

It can't possibly be worse than that "bargain tobacco" that I got from 1776.

Dare me to smoke a whole bowl? (In my Pug)
    I got some bargain tobacco from Sterling I think. If I remember correctly, I had a similar reaction to that stuff too. I think I still have that around here...I'll have to look.
    It was.....well, let's just say it was.

Puffer With No Spikes shannensmall's Avatar

You have some balls my friend, that's for sure.

Nate, put me down after you man.
    A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

The Mix will mess up a pipe forEVER.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Quote Originally Posted by shannensmall View Post
    You have some balls my friend, that's for sure.

Nate, put me down after you man.
    Remind me after I write my review. I'll forget you're next by then.
    "The worst thing you can ever do in life is set yourself goals" - Stephen Fry

Dave did you chuck the pipe after you sorta of finished the bowl hehehe
    troy

This review reminds me so much of the time I smoked a Gorilla Finger at a herf. I believe I used urinal cake to describe that cigars taste profile. I'd imagine Mixture 79 is along those same lines. Definitely got a headache from the Gorilla Finger, which went away shortly after I stopped punishing myself by smoking it. Interesting enough to try once, however, not something I'd ever want to put myself through again.
    Boo-Frickity-Hoo