Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Nording

This is a discussion on Nording within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Didn't take pictures but here's the thread http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/wts-b-...-unsmoked.html All I can say.....I'm sooooo glad that this wasn't IHT's style because ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Nording

Didn't take pictures but here's the thread http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/wts-b-...-unsmoked.html

All I can say.....I'm sooooo glad that this wasn't IHT's style because I LOVE this pipe.

Not sure exactly how to do a pipe review but.....

This pipe is beautiful. It's not graded but, heck, I'm still not sure what the grades are,...so I don't care (or know enough to care or not care). All I know is it's a gorgeous pipe! The colors remind me of flames and tigers. I tried Frog Morton for the first half bowl. This pipe didn't seem to take as many relights as my basket pipes or my cob. I puffed away happily for at least 15 minutes before I needed a relight as the bowl is larger than all but one of the pipes I have. The bowl never seemed to get very hot, probably because the walls are quite thick. That's saying something as I'm primary a cigar smoker currently, and I tend to puff more than I should.

This was a fantastic trade and I am extremely pleased!

Puffer With No Spikes shannensmall's Avatar

Re: Nording

Great review, but you missed one aspect most look for in if a pipe is a good smoker. Did it gurgle? If so how bad was it and how long had you been smoking it before it started.
    A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shannensmall View Post
    Great review, but you missed one aspect most look for in if a pipe is a good smoker. Did it gurgle? If so how bad was it and how long had you been smoking it before it started.
    I don't recall it gurgling at all. May have been because I was outside chatting with a friend while he was grilling and I was holding it more in my hand than in my mouth. My other basket pipes need a pipe cleaner down them after about 10-15 minutes, but I attribute that more to my saliva.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

Glad to see you are enjoying your pipe. You were wise to pick up a pipe from IHT. He's as solid a BOTL as them come. Any pipe that comes with his endorsement is sure to be a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by piperdown View Post
    My other basket pipes need a pipe cleaner down them after about 10-15 minutes, but I attribute that more to my saliva.
    While you might be right I wouldn't be surprised if you find your Nording smokes dry when you clench as well. While there are many factors that can make a pipe gurgle (moisture in the tobacco, puffing cadence, etc) a big factor is the design of the airway and the execution of the drilling.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Nording's are great! looking to get one myself