Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The Dreaded Mixture 79

This is a discussion on The Dreaded Mixture 79 within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Firedawg I could never do that to a person that wasn't prepared for it. M79 should have ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Re: The Dreaded Mixture 79

Quote Originally Posted by Firedawg View Post
    I could never do that to a person that wasn't prepared for it. M79 should have a warning label on it. That is why this pass around is for only that ask to try it. So ask! We know you want too. Just make sure you dont use a good pipe.

BTW 1000 posts WOOT
    Congrats Todd! Now for the second grand!
    It was.....well, let's just say it was.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owaindav View Post
    Oh Dan....please find a cheap POS cob somewhere. Even if you have to spend a buck or two. Don't get attached to it. Just put it in a drawer until the stuff gets there. Smoke it and then take it out back and put it out of it's misery. Don't forget, after smoking the mixture in it, it then becomes hazardous waste and is subject to all federal and state laws concerning said waste.
    Good call! I'll have to hit the B&M for a cheap cob.

Thanks for the warning about disposal, I wouldn't want to ghost my garbage can.
    Last edited by Blue_2; 03-30-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Puffer With No Spikes shannensmall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sounds7 View Post
    Why would any blender do what you describe to a tobacco? If indeed it has tobacco. I assume its a burley mixture of sorts but did you make out any tobacco flavor whatsoever? And No I am not the least bit interested in trying it. I will just take your word on things.

Nate did, but I honestly didn't taste anything remotely close to any form of tobacco. As to why a blender would do this. I am now a firm believer that "The Mix" made itself, and has some sort of hostage situation with the manufacture to keep itself in production. NOTHING else makes any kind of sense.

I no longer taste it, but I can still smell it on my fingers, as I've yet to shower since, but have washed my hands with warm water a few times..yet "The Mix" persists.

Edit: I'm finding that a bowl of JKP and 2 bottles of red wine are helping me heal from this ordeal.
    A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.

No longer a community member.

I wonder what it tastes like if you mix "the mix" into other tobacco blends.

like Frog Morton-"Mix", FVF-"Mix". Could be worth experimenting with.

Actually no, there's no worth in that.

So, as a noob, I'm guessing this would NOT be high on your list for first timers!?!?? Well, unless you wanted to turn them away from pipe smoking for the rest of their lives.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote Originally Posted by shannensmall View Post
    Nate did, but I honestly didn't taste anything remotely close to any form of tobacco. As to why a blender would do this. I am now a firm believer that "The Mix" made itself, and has some sort of hostage situation with the manufacture to keep itself in production. NOTHING else makes any kind of sense.

I no longer taste it, but I can still smell it on my fingers, as I've yet to shower since, but have washed my hands with warm water a few times..yet "The Mix" persists.

Edit: I'm finding that a bowl of JKP and 2 bottles of red wine are helping me heal from this ordeal.
    LMAO. Booze heals all.

Quote Originally Posted by BrewShooter View Post
    So, as a noob, I'm guessing this would NOT be high on your list for first timers!?!?? Well, unless you wanted to turn them away from pipe smoking for the rest of their lives.
    In all seriousness, I was skeptical at first of how horrible everyone was saying this stuff was. Then I opened the pouch and realized I'd never smelled toilet bowl cleaner in a tobacco before. (and I'm being completely serious about that too) It really has to be the most vile and repulsive tobacco I've ever tried. It burns your mouth in places that you've never experienced bit before. It turns out it has lakeland essence in it which is another tobacco that I can't smoke. It truly is the worst tobacco I've ever found.
    It was.....well, let's just say it was.

Yeah, I somehow detected Cavendish in it, and that's probably all it is. It really tried to be tobacco, but the baby powder, diaper cream, Goodyear GT +4 scraps, and "toilet bowl cleaner" as Dave describes it prevailed. It's like the tobacco is in there just screaming "OH WHY GOD, WHY?!?!?!"

I still say that the "Bargain Blend" is far, far worse. Did you try any of that Shannen? If you thought The Mixture was bad, I couldn't even get 3 puffs in to the Bargain Blend.

Not something as a new pipe smoker you would want to smoke. It will ruin your perception of pipe smoking permanently.
    "The worst thing you can ever do in life is set yourself goals" - Stephen Fry

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    I still say that the "Bargain Blend" is far, far worse. Did you try any of that Shannen? If you thought The Mixture was bad, I couldn't even get 3 puffs in to the Bargain Blend.
    The words "bargain" and any kind of tobacco product should never be put together in an actual brand or product name - no good could come of it.
    Perhaps this should be renamed Mixture 666, it sounds like pure evil.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Puffer With No Spikes shannensmall's Avatar

No I haven't smoked the bargain blend yet Nate. I've got a fun idea planned out for that one. It's just gonna take a wile for me to get up enough nerve for it. You see, I've been bombed a good number of crap Aros, as well as received a few from free samples from sultif (sp?) So I want to take a day and sit down and do one large "Crap Aros" review. Should be fun, I'm thinking this weekend. No worries though, I'm saving a large bowls worth of the Bargain Blend and sending the rest along with "The Mix" to the next lucky customer.
    A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Zeabed's Avatar

M79 smells like Ass & Regret
    I sure like those French fried taters. Mmm jhmm.

Puffer Fish with some spikes ruralhipster's Avatar

I find it hard to believe that all Mixture 79 sales are based on a dare. Some smokers must love it, and there must be quite a few like me who would not seek it out but would not run in fear from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeabed View Post
    Or in Hugh Hefner's case, ass and no regrets.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Zeabed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Or in Hugh Hefner's case, ass and no regrets.
    For him or them?
    I sure like those French fried taters. Mmm jhmm.

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeabed View Post

So who has it now? Did the pass die?
    I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
    Edgar Allan Poe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast