Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The Dreaded Mixture 79

This is a discussion on The Dreaded Mixture 79 within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; God help me, it's my turn to review the one that shal not be named. Nate hit the nail on ...

Puffer With No Spikes shannensmall's Avatar

The Dreaded Mixture 79

God help me, it's my turn to review the one that shal not be named.

Nate hit the nail on the head, the tin aroma is really of baby ass. And the ass part is totally correct. It would be kind of what a powdered baby ass who just got cleaned up after messing himself would smell like. A sh*tty sweet smell.

They say this stuff is topped with vanilla, I tell you folks now, if my mother ever flavored any goodies with this brand of vanilla, I would have slapped her. Ok that's a bit harsh, so ok, I would have sat in silent protest.

Charring light, had to do it twice. I let this stuff sit out for a good hour before packing the bowl. It comes very wet, almost greasy.

The flavor is very unusual. Kind of like what you would expect if you were burning baby powder. I'm getting a weird taste on the retro hale and it's the same smell coming from the burning bowl. I can't place it, but it reminds me of fireworks for some reason.

One third of the way in, and the baby powder has died down a bit. It's still there but it's not all in your face any more. This baccy bites! Or at least my mouth PH doesn't agree with it. I'm sipping it as slowly as possible and it's biting so hard, even the top back part of the roof of my mouth is feeling the burn.

Half way through..I'm done! This is just too horrible for me to continue. Between the bite and this nasty flavor, I'm over it.

I will say, it wasn't as bad as I expected from the tin note. But it was still pretty awful. Not something I will ever smoke again.

Now I have to go gargle with turpentine and throw this Dr Gabrow in the trash.
    A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Re: The Dreaded Mixture 79

5 minutes later, I come back outside with a fresh bowl of LTF, and I can still smell the Mix in the air around my lil outdoor smoking area. Maybe this stuff is still around after so many years, simply because it refuses to die.
    A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.

You know you liked it...just admit it.

How'd that LTF taste? Did it still have left-overs from The Mixture because your mouth was ghosted?

We really need to figure out a way to track this stuff on the map.

Next victim!
    "The worst thing you can ever do in life is set yourself goals" - Stephen Fry

Actually for the first few retrohales, I could still taste the Mix on top of the LTF.

I'll be dropping a PM to the next victim later today.

Puffer Fish with some spikes bent-1's Avatar

Spot on, Mix 79 is like smoking scented laundry soap.

Another that bites like a rabid dog is Flying Dutchma (aka Frying Dutchman. Couldn't smoke for three days prior. Here's a picture of the additive in FD

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Dude, that burning isn't what you'd consider bite. It's just a chemical burn that won't go away for several minutes after you smoke it. It has to be the toilet bowl chemicals in it.
    It was.....well, let's just say it was.

All I can do is SMILE! Next!
    I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
    Edgar Allan Poe

For the love of Christ, every now and then I get a whiff of the flavor when I breath out through my nose. WTH, who would have ever guessed a baccy could ghost a nasal passage this bad. Please god make it stop. lol

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shannensmall View Post
    For the love of Christ, every now and then I get a whiff of the flavor when I breath out through my nose. WTH, who would have ever guessed a baccy could ghost a nasal passage this bad. Please god make it stop. lol
    ROFLMAO. And FireDawg is my partner in the Blind Taste Test. I'm afraid. I'm very afraid.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Why would any blender do what you describe to a tobacco? If indeed it has tobacco. I assume its a burley mixture of sorts but did you make out any tobacco flavor whatsoever? And No I am not the least bit interested in trying it. I will just take your word on things.

Quote Originally Posted by sounds7 View Post
    Why would any blender do what you describe to a tobacco? If indeed it has tobacco. I assume its a burley mixture of sorts but did you make out any tobacco flavor whatsoever? And No I am not the least bit interested in trying it. I will just take your word on things.
    There were vague hints of something long distantly reminiscent of something that may have tasted like Half and Half.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shannensmall View Post
    I'll be dropping a PM to the next victim later today.
    PM received and responded to. Wow, what am I getting myself into?

Well, this one is definitely off my list of "want to try" tobaccos. Good review!
    Dale

Quote Originally Posted by indigosmoke View Post
    ROFLMAO. And FireDawg is my partner in the Blind Taste Test. I'm afraid. I'm very afraid.
    I could never do that to a person that wasn't prepared for it. M79 should have a warning label on it. That is why this pass around is for only that ask to try it. So ask! We know you want too. Just make sure you dont use a good pipe.

BTW 1000 posts WOOT
    I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
    Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_2 View Post
    PM received and responded to. Wow, what am I getting myself into?
    Oh Dan....please find a cheap POS cob somewhere. Even if you have to spend a buck or two. Don't get attached to it. Just put it in a drawer until the stuff gets there. Smoke it and then take it out back and put it out of it's misery. Don't forget, after smoking the mixture in it, it then becomes hazardous waste and is subject to all federal and state laws concerning said waste.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast