Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Sterlings Royal London Dock

This is a discussion on Sterlings Royal London Dock within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Ok, I got some of this from someone here on Puff. (sorry I can't remember who) Finally got around to ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Sterlings Royal London Dock

Ok, I got some of this from someone here on Puff. (sorry I can't remember who) Finally got around to trying it. I'm not going to badmouth it because it's not horrible. But seriously, you can't just go around slapping the label "english blend" on any old tobacco.

The website says it has black cavendish, burleys, perique, latakia and orientals. Aside from the lat and or's, that's as far from an english blend as you can possibly get in my book.

It smells sweet out of the jar. I smell no orientals or latakia. When I light it all I can taste is a low to medium quality sweetened black cavendish and maybe some burley. Maybe it's because the past 2 days have been filled with idiots and jerks and I'm in a crappy mood but this stuff never even got into the competition for an english blend. It's, at best, an aromatic. Even Sutliff's Sunrise Smoke, (which touts itself as an alternative to EMP) is closer to an english.

So far, and I really hate to say it because Jack's such a nice guy, Sterling's blends have really fell into the "tobaccos I won't be smoking" category.
    It was.....well, let's just say it was.

Re: Sterlings Royal London Dock

It wasn't my cup of tea either Dave. I do really like his Tavern blend though.