Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Petersons "Perfect" Plug

This is a discussion on Petersons "Perfect" Plug within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; So.. i cut up the plug after a few tries that ended in the tobacco not lighting well or anything.. ...

No longer a community member.

Petersons "Perfect" Plug

So.. i cut up the plug after a few tries that ended in the tobacco not lighting well or anything.. but ive decided after trying AGAIN that it's not me.. it's the tobacco. Ive tried drying it out for different periods of time as well as straight from the tin when i originally opened it.

I tried it straight from the tin, dried, cubed, sliced, ground up a bit, chopped, sorta "flakey" etc etc etc and nothing would get rid of the horrid used charcoal taste. it tasted and smelled like i licked a recently used charcoal from a grill (including the bite) i had to work so hard to keep it lit at times, and others it just burned too hot and tasted terrible. The only citrus or fruitiness i tasted was lemons, lemons zested over charcoal.

Looking at tobaccoreviews i see some people agree with me, while others seem to have no problem. Is this just an inconsistent tobacco?

#1 McClelland apologist Contrabass Bry's Avatar

Re: Petersons "Perfect" Plug

Yep, I've had issues keeping it lit. But thin flakes rubbed out and dried to crispy worked the best for me. I also tried it cubed, but it turned into a soggy mess.

Can't say that I experienced the horrible flavors you describe. My memory was more of a slight medicinal flavor and a slight sweetness. I liked the flavor.

But like so many feel about Dark Star, it was too much effort...