Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bitten by a ghost! Mixture 79...

This is a discussion on Bitten by a ghost! Mixture 79... within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Let me just start out by saying that I have never gotten tongue bite, not once. It SUCKS ass!!! I ...

Bitten by a ghost! Mixture 79...

Let me just start out by saying that I have never gotten tongue bite, not once. It SUCKS ass!!!
    I received the Mixture 79 and was a bit timid in smoking it. haha
    It smelled strong of Black licorice in the pouch and I got just a tad of that while smoking it. A tad.
    It had this aweful taste like some sort of chemical that enveloped my sinuses. I retrohale very frequently while smoking and I wish I didn't.
    The son of a gun bit me good too. I had no defense against it. At all.
    This tobacco is no good and I will be relieved once it is on its way to the next contestant!
    Do people really buy this stuff....on purpose?

Scotch & Cigars

Re: Bitten by a ghost! Mixture 79...

So what you're saying is that you would like a few pounds of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock31 View Post
    So what you're saying is that you would like a few pounds of this?
    This is the equivalent of a Ron Mexico.... but worse!

Weird that you have never gotten bite, but this did bite you. I don't remember getting bite from it. It's just the all-around ass flavor that really got me.

I haven't touched my Yello-bole Pug since I smoked M79 in it. I haven't even cleaned it. I think I might try it tonight and see how ghosted it is. It can't be worse than the Lakeland Ghost in my 1792 pipe.
    "The worst thing you can ever do in life is set yourself goals" - Stephen Fry

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

It's horrid and I think that was a fairly fresh pouch, so probably extra bitey. (BTW tongue bite may suck, but Biotene can help that.)

Who's wants to step up next and try the mystical M79?

one more sucker..er I mean piper down. Honestly have you ever had worse? I like how it effects each person differently.
    I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
    Edgar Allan Poe

This is so crazy, people are signing up for the pipe equivalent of getting sucker punched. I don't understand the masochism present!

It is the worst I have had indeed. I would not care to smoke any more of this. lol
    It was like a Lakeland tobacco gone awefully awry. Like if you tucked Ennerdale in a goats butt for about a week, then smoked it! haha
    On that note....... who's next?

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote Originally Posted by astripp View Post
    This is so crazy, people are signing up for the pipe equivalent of getting sucker punched. I don't understand the masochism present!
    Thing is, you really don't believe that it's as bad as people are saying it is. It can't possibly be that bad, can it? Oh, yes it is!

So you have to touch the stove for yourself.
    It was.....well, let's just say it was.

Haha, good analogy!

Yeah, you really have no idea how bad it is. If you think it can't possibly be that bad, think again.

I tried this blend a few years ago mainly because I was told Hugh Hefner smoked it. The casing reminded me of cheap cologne for some reason. I remember getting quite a bit of tongue bite from it and having to stop smoking for 2 days or so. Needless to say I never bought anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by astripp View Post
    I've heard that it's a gateway drug to sniffing glue.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

1 Firedawg
    2 THE Mixture - Owaindav
    3 THE Mixture - Natedogg
    4 The Dreaded Mixture 79 - shannensmall
    5 The Dreaded Mixture 79 - Blue_2
    6 Zfog

Bumping this for the next contestant. If no one has the balls, then I will pick the next victim..... er contestant!

..and if you're picked, you HAVE to smoke it! Being picked is the equivalent of walking the plank. You don't have a choice but to take a dip in the drink!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast