Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

GL Pease Triple Play

This is a discussion on GL Pease Triple Play within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; The tins arrived Friday, and since I was cigar smoking all weekend while camping, when I came home today and ...

GL Pease Triple Play

The tins arrived Friday, and since I was cigar smoking all weekend while camping, when I came home today and opened the box, I thought I'd end my night with my pipe instead of a cigar. I opened one of the tins, and saw the beautiful cake, cube cut it and loaded my Puff 2010 meer. The baccy was a bit on the moist side, so I had to relight 3 times, but the flavor was a wonderful mix of the Virginia, Kentucky, and Perique. It started with the nutty flavors of the Kentucky, but the hint of spice from the Perique was present. As the bowl went down, the sweetness of the Virgina grew and had some vanilla notes to it. The nuttiness would come in and out, the sweetness in and out, and the room note was quite pleasant. It was a touch bitey, but smoked cool and dry. It is a wonderful tobacco. The other tin is set for aging, and I jarred the rest of this tin, but recommend it heartily.

Re: GL Pease Triple Play

Thanks for the review Andrew. I loved this blend, it definately has a solid spot in my rotation!

Alpha Puffer Fish drastic_quench's Avatar

It comes much too wet to smoke right out of the tin. Cut what you'd like, and give it just an hour's time to dry out. Aside from fewer relights, you'll have a tastier smoke.
    Any man who checks his watch while smoking his pipe is doing it wrong.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

Thanks for the review. I haven't had a chance to open my tin just yet.

Leading Puffer Fish swingerofbirches's Avatar

Thanks for the review!
    Being the pipe noob I am I only today first heard about Pease and found his site. I'm looking forward to trying a few out!
    "The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken places." - Hemingway