Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

G.L. Pease Triple Play

This is a discussion on G.L. Pease Triple Play within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Natedogg It must have some thing to do with how the Perique was cured or aged. There ...

Re: G.L. Pease Triple Play

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    It must have some thing to do with how the Perique was cured or aged. There are blends that the Perique has different properties than others. Sometimes it is almost Latakia in nature and others it's smooth as silk. It could also have a lot to do with the other tobaccos it is blended with and how they were treated prior to being blended with the Perique. Who knows.
    Or even how the perique was treated after it was blended in with the rest, pressed and steamed or stoved or whatever. Doesn't seem to me to be much temperature control on those barrels, either. Hot years taste X, cool years taste Y? This is such a Mom's and Pop's microbrewery operation there appears to be virtually no real quality control at all.

Anyhow, it was a good review, Nate! Forgot to mention that earlier. Always like your reviews.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Thanks guys.

The due date is today. lol We thought for sure she was going to come early, but I guess not.

Yeah, I tend to not like it peppery. Smooth and sweet is yummy though, and that's why I thought they were for real when they called it "St. James" because every blend that has that sweetness says "St. James" or "Louisana."

Triple Play has the peppery, but it's not strong like most blends with it are.

Really, give it a try even with my review.
    "The worst thing you can ever do in life is set yourself goals" - Stephen Fry

When I was in the service, over 40 years ago, one my fellow officer's wife was due "soon". Then it was a week overdue. Then two weeks. FINALLY, she pumped out this gigantic kid (forgot how gigantic, but it was very large). The entire time, she was still coming to the Officer's Club with him for dinner. Amazing. While the baby might have been huge, SHE was huger yet, believe me. The most pregnant woman I have ever run across, personally. He was joking that he was going to have to get the dolly to roll her in.

Bon chance, Nate! There will be no Phillies Blunts passed around I'll bet!

Haha, nope. We are going in tomorrow and even though we are trying to do this thing naturally, the Midwife might induce her because she is gestational diabetic.
    "The worst thing you can ever do in life is set yourself goals" - Stephen Fry

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    Haha, nope. We are going in tomorrow and even though we are trying to do this thing naturally, the Midwife might induce her because she is gestational diabetic.
    Best of luck to you!

Intolerable Curmudgeon GuitarDan's Avatar

The real question is: Will the baby be called James or Arcadian?

Sorry- couldn't resist!

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarDan View Post
    The real question is: Will the baby be called James or Arcadian?

Sorry- couldn't resist!
    Or Jamie/Arcadia.

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Throw some pork BBQ and peaches in with that while you're at it, Jon.
    That would upgrade the bomb to a full-on ICBM.

hmm... I don't think BBQ ships well. Nevermind then.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Maturing Puffer Fish glassjapan's Avatar

Sorry to have helped spin this off topic, but just wanted to put that out there.
    Anyways, really good review....and best of luck with the baby on the way!

Young Puffer Fish

I have not tried Triple Play. I will say that too my taste Most GL Pease blends are simply to young to smoke when you get them. I enjoy the flavors of JKP but it is clearly young, almost raw sometimes. I suspect demand is driving these plugs to be released early.

Puffer Fish with some spikes italiansmoker's Avatar

I ordered these Triple Play, I'm looking forward to receive it...

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

I don't mind to insult Natedogg; just not today. Good luck to you and the family, N'dog.

Solid review. I found Triple Play to be perique-peppery and, much as N'dogg said, a little thin and, for me, quite one-dimensional - this after only one bowl. I found the perique a bit overbearing on the snork, reminding me vaguely of McClelland Blakeneys Bayou Slices. There is such a thing as too much perique.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

will for one this has been such a great informative thread. Debate is good as long as done in a gentlemans way and it has been here. Bravo to all for the posts.
    I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
    Edgar Allan Poe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3