Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Quadruple Virginia

This is a discussion on Quadruple Virginia within the Pipe Related Reviews forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I guess this review could be taken as positive or negative... Quadruple Virginia is NOT full of flavor, but it ...

Quadruple Virginia

I guess this review could be taken as positive or negative...

Quadruple Virginia is NOT full of flavor, but it burns well, and would make a very good mixing virginia for thinning out other blends, etc., particularly if you're like me and don't like vinegar in your tobacco. Since this was what I was looking for, I'm quite happy with it. If, on the other hand, you're looking for a bulk blend of straight virginias to add to your baccy rotation, look elsewhere. Smoking it on it's own is pretty much a waste. If this wasn't intended as a blending tobacco, it certainly should have been!

Not much of a review, I know, but a heads up if you happen to be looking for something like this...

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

Re: Quadruple Virginia

I'm not familiar with this blend, but it sounds like a neutral 5100.

Thanks for the review!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I guess this review could be taken as positive or negative...

Quadruple Virginia is NOT full of flavor, but it burns well, and would make a very good mixing virginia for thinning out other blends, etc., particularly if you're like me and don't like vinegar in your tobacco. Since this was what I was looking for, I'm quite happy with it. If, on the other hand, you're looking for a bulk blend of straight virginias to add to your baccy rotation, look elsewhere. Smoking it on it's own is pretty much a waste. If this wasn't intended as a blending tobacco, it certainly should have been!

Not much of a review, I know, but a heads up if you happen to be looking for something like this...
    I remember liking the stuff but not being wowed or anything, but I only smoked a bowl before jarring up my 2oz or so that I got in a trade along with a heap of Cool Hand Fluke, another John Patton blend. Interesting that you mention it as a blending tobacco - it actually as I remember is the same as Cool Hand Fluke, but without the Perique.
    The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.

Puffer Fish with some spikes italiansmoker's Avatar

Thanks for your review, Mark. I had to smoke this baccy several times (because I got 8oz from 4Noggins...) and I didn't liked it so much, I founded it astringent and something pungent in the middle of the bowl. I prefer other blends from John Patton, actually my favs are Cool Hand Fluke and Latakia Junction.